Adding a metal plate to the back

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi again. So I have a magnetic car mount but the magsafe thing on the back isn't strong enough to stick to my car mount. Can I add a metal plate on the back, behind the phone case, that came with the car mount so I can properly use it? I don't use wireless charging at all. Just wondering if that plate will interfere with how the phone works or its battery. Thanks.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 11 Pro, so no MagSafe (the magnetic attachment mechanism). I'm sure someone with an iPhone 12 can confirm the below statement.

On my phone, I have used a magnetic pad to stick it on the magnetic car mount without any issues. The only problems were that the pad will unglue itself from the phone case; nothing with the phone.

Last edited:

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 11 Pro, so no MagSafe (the magnetic attachment mechanism). I'm sure someone with an iPhone 12 can confirm the below statement.

On my phone, I have used a magnetic pad to stick it on the magnetic car mount without any issues. The only problems were that the pad will unglue itself from the phone case; nothing with the phone.

yea this is just a metal plate i can put inside the case.