Activation Problems

BNole

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I activated my iPhone this afternoon -- it's my first. Since I had no available phone (at&t had verizon disconnect my old cell days ago), I went into work to call AT&T for activation -- as per the directions instructed.

I called in and the automatic response said my number was not yet ported. I talked to the representative (very quiet) and he said he completed the activation but I needed to link it to iTunes next. I told him that the lock was still there and it still said "Slide for Emergency" but he said that was okay.

Next, I went back home and hooked it into my iTunes. It went through the registration process and I thought everything was complete. However, it still says "Waiting For Authorization". I closed that box and now it just says No Service. Did I do something wrong? Did the representative not activate it?

I'm close to getting pretty upset with AT&T (already) since i've been without a phone for 4 days at this point.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
there are a couple of things you can try.

1. take the sim card out and put it back in.
2. turn the phone off and then back on.

try those first then let us know what happens and we'll proceed from there.

BNole

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I've turned it off/on several times with no luck. It might be tomorrow by the time I can do the sim card. Between the innocase and finding a paperclip, it will be a bit. (I didn't get one of those little card rods...was I supposed to?)

BNole

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, I've gotten better at the case and used an earring from the g/f. Took the card out, put it back in, started it back up. Still waiting for activation.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
yes you were supposed to get one but it was cleverly attached to the packaging I hope you haven't thrown out the packaging.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-forum/173217-iphone-3gs-activation-delay.html

here ^^^ is a link to a thread from people that had the same problem. I have read it over and it seams that your next step is to call AT&T back. if that does not work you'll have to go in and get another sim card. BTW I am guessing you activated the phone with the sim card that came with the phone? some of the new cards were found to be defective. good luck!

BNole

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I called AT&T this morning and had a very nice lady in Atlanta. Apparently, they had the wrong SIM card number and the first guy never confirmed it. It's not activated and fully working. It's rocking the PS Anti-Glare screen and Seidio Innocase 2. Very happy so far. Thanks for your help.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Glad to hear it! I too love my iPhone experience. And these forums have been an integral part of that. Glad I could help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative