Activate after jailbreak?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Do I need a sim card in iPhone to Unlock

I was wondering if the iPhone is NOT activated will I need a sim card in it to jailbreak than unlock?

Last edited:

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
No, you don't need a sim card in order to jailbread your phone. I just jailbroke my old 3G today after picking up the 3GS and everything went smoothly. The only thing I can't tell is if it's unlocked or not after trying to run the Ultrasn0w unlock. You should be good to go if you're just trying to jailbreak though!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No, you don't need a sim card in order to jailbread your phone. I just jailbroke my old 3G today after picking up the 3GS and everything went smoothly. The only thing I can't tell is if it's unlocked or not after trying to run the Ultrasn0w unlock. You should be good to go if you're just trying to jailbreak though!

Thanks BradM73

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Yes, they are two different things. You have to jailbreak in order to unlock, but you don't need to unlock in order to jailbreak.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Just don't try to unlock or jailbreak your Iphone 3GS yet, since Ultrasn0w isn't compatible and you may inadvertently end up Jonesing your iPhone.

johnnyss

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey, one question regarding activating the iphone. I jailbreak and unlocked my iphone 3G 3.0 already, everything work fine except for transferring musics to my Iphone. everytime I connect to Itunes it says: The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone......
Does anyone have the same problem? Can anyone help me?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox