Accidentaly put my keys near the screen

I

iMore Question

Thankfully, it did not scratch. But to ensure this doesn't happen again, I would like to know does the keys only cause it to scratch when pressure is applied between the keys and the screen?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

The keys shouldn't scratch without pressure but it's always possible. Best to add a screen protector if you keep keys in the same pocket, otherwise I'd put the phone in there and that's it.

Why not register for iMore and post again? New members are always welcome :)

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I use a screen Protector but still make sure that my iPhone is the only item in a pocket of my choosing

Very Good advise I scratched a device screen a few years ago and it bugged me so much I sold it and bought a new one .Now always a screen protector and no keys in same pocket .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector. I only put my 6s Plus in my pocket by itself. I have forgotten a few times and had it with keys and change. No damage though.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sort of a pet peeve of mine is the phone in the back pocket also! Why would you want to risk sitting on your phone and cracking/breaking/bending it that way? So I would also advise against the "hipster" practice of putting your iPhone in your back pocket. ;)

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Well,I almost invariably put my phone in my back pocket,it's the only one that has no other stuff in it ! I've never broken or cracked one, there again I don't make a practise of hurling myself at kerbstones or concrete either....

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Sort of a pet peeve of mine is the phone in the back pocket also! Why would you want to risk sitting on your phone and cracking/breaking/bending it that way? So I would also advise against the "hipster" practice of putting your iPhone in your back pocket. ;)

Now now, not all who do it are hipsters.

I have to do it sometimes because women's pants makers seem to think all we need in our front pocket is a lipstick. Because they're idiots.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Now now, not all who do it are hipsters.

I have to do it sometimes because women's pants makers seem to think all we need in our front pocket is a lipstick. Because they're idiots.

I know and I don't mean to offend, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I said it half jokingly. ;) Especially the hipster part. ;)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Or you could just pay attention and take it out before you sit down! I don't like having to do that so I leave it in the front most of the time, but when I do use the back pocket, I remove it before sitting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR