"Accessory Already Added" Problems

wpc417

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
After deleting a Nanoleaf Lightstrip from HomeKit and resetting it per manufacturer's instructions and turning Bluetooth off, restarting my iPhone, and scanning the QR code during the "Add Accessory" process, I continually get the "Accessory Already Added" notice. The light strip does not show up in HomeKit or the Nanoleaf app. Numerous attempts overs two weeks have failed. Help from Nanoleaf has not solved the issue.

I'm beginning to suspect HomeKit has a bug that does not truly delete the record of an accessory from its database. What do you do when HomeKit insists an accessory is already a part of it's inventory of accessories when it has already been removed and factory reset numerous times?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any other Apple device connected to your iCloud (HomeKit) account? Have you checked them?

Have you tried another HomeKit app (other than Apple’s and Nanoleaf’s)?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had this issue yesterday when I was trying to add a second Meross mini smart plug. However, in this case, one I figured out how to reset the plug, I was able to successfully connect it to HomeKit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR