About to return from deployment, iPhone is jacked, can someone please help asap?

sk13

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry for the impassioned title but I am in a bit of a bind. I am about to pull in from an 8month deployment in a few short hours and my iPhone is jacked, non-functioning.

I have a 3Gs, 5.1.1, baseband 06.15.00
At a libbo port during the deployment, I by accident clicked update when the phone asked if I wanted to update to the newest software version. Realizing what I had done I canceled it in the middle of the update. This kind of jacked the phone up, I had to restore it and rejailbreak it with the latest version of redsnow i have on my comp, 09.14b2.
Basically, after that, due to really crappy internet that didnt let me search for what I needed to do, and forgetting what I had done months before initially, I restored it with a NO_BB_OLDROM_iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw Now I cannot get the phone passed the set up screen, it asks me to connect it to iTunes even though it already is, and iTunes shows that there is a phone connected to it but doesnt recognize it or allow me to sync it etc.

Some of my constraining factors.
I only have internet access via this work computer, no access via my MacBook pro which has all my jailbreak apps, therefore no downloading newer versions.
I only have redsnow 0.9.14b2 and older versions, Absinthe and Tiny Umbrella.

Is there anyone out there right now who can talk me through this? On googlechat perhaps? I would reallllly appreciate it, sucks to come home after 8 months and I cant call my family, set up my ride etc.
haha I will just be hanging out here waiting for a reply.
Thanks

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry for the impassioned title but I am in a bit of a bind. I am about to pull in from an 8month deployment in a few short hours and my iPhone is jacked, non-functioning.

I have a 3Gs, 5.1.1, baseband 06.15.00
At a libbo port during the deployment, I by accident clicked update when the phone asked if I wanted to update to the newest software version. Realizing what I had done I canceled it in the middle of the update. This kind of jacked the phone up, I had to restore it and rejailbreak it with the latest version of redsnow i have on my comp, 09.14b2.
Basically, after that, due to really crappy internet that didnt let me search for what I needed to do, and forgetting what I had done months before initially, I restored it with a NO_BB_OLDROM_iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw Now I cannot get the phone passed the set up screen, it asks me to connect it to iTunes even though it already is, and iTunes shows that there is a phone connected to it but doesnt recognize it or allow me to sync it etc.

Some of my constraining factors.
I only have internet access via this work computer, no access via my MacBook pro which has all my jailbreak apps, therefore no downloading newer versions.
I only have redsnow 0.9.14b2 and older versions, Absinthe and Tiny Umbrella.

Is there anyone out there right now who can talk me through this? On googlechat perhaps? I would reallllly appreciate it, sucks to come home after 8 months and I cant call my family, set up my ride etc.
haha I will just be hanging out here waiting for a reply.
Thanks

First off, THANK U for ur service!! Just restore the phone to new thru iTunes and then re-jailbreak with evasi0n.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Go to starbucks. Use the wifi there on your computer.

Are you on the AT&T network or are you needing to finish with an unlocked phone?

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to upgrade to 6.1.3 and jailbreak your 3gs as semi untethered with redsnow. Theres a tutorial on the evasi0n website.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Any updates? Hope you got it sorted but I'm wondering if you've been able to get around the 6.15.00 baseband issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since your question / concerns have already been answered, I, too, would like to join in and say, "thank you for your service" and "welcome home"...:)

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Any updates? Hope you got it sorted but I'm wondering if you've been able to get around the 6.15.00 baseband issue.

It wouldn't surprise me if he only has intermittent and/or spotty access so might take time to give an update if he's able. I'm guessing he's hauling out of OEF which, even at its best, has had far worse connectivity than what they laid down in OIF. I hope it's improved, but I'm hearing things aren't much better there now than when I was there in 2009 unless you are at a really large FOB. Could go days without being able to connect, maybe longer. Connections went in and out frequently in the middle of typing or sending email and the speeds were SLLOOOOWWWWW. Frustrating when you wait your turn for an hour to try and skype with your spouse for 15 minutes and the connections go in and out interrupting every other sentence.

If you are inclined, enjoy your two beers at Manas!!! Consider asking if you can keep the tri-layer sleeping bag at turn in... I was last in line and the guy said "sure, what the heck" when I asked. It's seen me through a handful of excursions the past 3.5 years and it's nice to have in my closet just for the memories alone. Stay safe, watch your six and good luck getting the phone sorted out ;-)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW