About Iphone 6 plus: It's not that big in retrospect...LOL

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Funny Story.....I indirectly just influenced a bunch of iphone 6 users to reconsider and get the plus

Plus, I made some new friends :D

I am the odd man out, with a Lumia 1520(Yellow), waiting in line with my friends to get their iPhones(I still am unsure if i want 5S or 6). I have my surface and they have their iphones and ipads.

Four People have asked me to see my Lumia. For starters, it is their first time seeing a windows phone in public but more importantly they wanted to compare the size of it to what they expected from the 6 Plus.

Most of them agreed my Lumia 1520 is HUGEEEEE and it is a big phone but from holding this, they didn't really see anything wrong with its size. They expected a 5.5 inch-6 inch phone to be like the size of a big tablet or something with phone capabilities.

They asked me how I managed a bigass phone with clothing such as skinny jeans and I said, for the Lumia it is quite obvious it is in my pants but it is not like overwhelming. It's just there....

"Another bulge really"

That made them laugh a bit.

I explained that having a bigger screen can be daunting at first but in reality, think of all the benefits of having a bigger screen after using an iPhone original-5s for so long and after a few days, I am sure you'd all adjust perfectly to it.

One guy said
"it's really not that big in Retrospect"

I winded up letting this guy sort of fondle my Lumia(poor Lumia) for a little bit and even talk on it a bit just to kind of at least get a general feel of a much larger phone.

All of them except one are now wanting a 6 Plus lol. I thought it was so cool and funny.

Of course I floored them when i told them I am considering getting an iPhone 5S for my secondary phone lolol. They didn't believe me and I said I still haven't decided yet on which size i am getting but i know I likely won't get a iphone 6 plus simply because having 2 phablets, plus an E-reader and my Surface tablet seems a bit much and i sort of like the iphone 5s :p

People speak so negatively about IOS users and honestly where I am at right now, these people have been nothing but cool people and nowhere as arrogant or rude as people like to portray IOS users to be. I even had a friendly camera war with my Lumia vs his iphhone 5s(I won of course) and made some new friends I'm already planning on meeting up with for drinks haha....

Now if the iPhone 6 plus came in Lumia esque colors I may be tempted but while I love the designs of the new iphones, I am not fond of their colors and how they presently look :p

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree, it's definitely not as big as I was expecting it to be which I think is a good thing. I was imagining it would be waaay bigger when actually, it's just nice.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

People speak so negatively about IOS users and honestly where I am at right now, these people have been nothing but cool people and nowhere as arrogant or rude as people like to portray IOS users to be. I even had a friendly camera war with my Lumia vs his iphhone 5s(I won of course) and made some new friends I'm already planning on meeting up with for drinks haha....

It's interesting you say that. I have to confess that I haven't ever experienced any negativity from iOS users but plenty from Android users (I have phones on both platforms) but I don't doubt it cuts both ways for sure.

A great story though! :)

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Cool story! I'm trying to read as much good news about the 6 plus as I can as I'm afraid to go for it
Don't be afraid :)
it really is not as overwhelming as you'd think.

Then again I have used a 6 inch phone the last year but even my dorm mate who misses the iphone 3G size is happy with his new 6 plus.

I winded up getting an iphone 6 and iphone 5s. I am unsure if which i'll be keeping but I'll be starting off with the iphone 6 today :)
It's interesting you say that. I have to confess that I haven't ever experienced any negativity from iOS users but plenty from Android users (I have phones on both platforms) but I don't doubt it cuts both ways for sure.

A great story though! :)

Oh god, dealing with Android users is a pain. They always have to quote specs to you and talk down to you because you can't customize your phone like they can :p

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The 6 plus is awesome. Just going to take some time to get use to the size of it. Loving this phone so far and so glad that I used my last personal day to go wait in line and get it rather than waiting until mid October for my online preorder to ship.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods