A2DP on iPhone 3 first impressions

Will you be using A2DP when 3.0 is public?

• Yes, can't wait!

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Maybe, not sure yet

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Nope

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Nope, more concerned about having my battery last more than 4 hours while listening to music then using wireless headphones. Plus I don't own any and 0.0 bluetooth headsets will match the quality of my Ultimate Ears.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Going on 2 years having the iPhone and I still learn something new about it every day! I love it.

I've noticed the iPod controls on my lock screen during charging sometimes. But what's weird is that I never double clicked the Home button to bring them up. I've just always thought it was strange why they appear sometimes, and not at other times.

I voted "Nope" on the A2DP. It's not for me.

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Been using the HD now for 1.5 hours (listening to TWiT) and not much battery drain on the iPhone. Not sure if that's some miracle of physics :/

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait. I like to use my iPhone for music while I snowboard, and bluetooth will allow me to go wireless while riding, definite improvement.

dmgraham#WN

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
A2DP Headset

Do you know if we will be able to listen to music on NON-STEREO bluetooth headsets? I have a Plantronics Voyager 520 and wouldn't mind listening in MONO while I work. I used to do this on my old Motorola SLVR.

Thanks!
Steve

The standard Bluetooth (mono) unit must also be A2DP. The best known are Jabra 8010 and 530. Very little drain, Until 3.0 comes around, I use my Curve to listen to podcast while on the road, and if I need to fall asleep quickly the The Iphone Blog Podcast is better than a sleeping pill
;)
dmg

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Been using the HD now for 1.5 hours (listening to TWiT) and not much battery drain on the iPhone. Not sure if that's some miracle of physics :/

Yeah, it seems better than I thought with the battery. Still needs some work as it breaks up when I'm outside and have the phone more than a foot away from the headphones.

emans

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Need help!

I cant make my bluetooth earphones play music. The model is Philips SHB6012. It supports lots of bluetooth formats (VI.2, HFP, HSP, A2DP and AVRCP). The weird thing is I managed to pair it up with my iphone and I can use it to make or receive a calls... just not music:( Apparently those who made it work have an extra icon bottom right of the playing music window that allows to choose what u use to play the music, but i dont have that.. so when i press play the music comes out of the speakers and i cant do anything about it.. Tried rebooting, restoring (couple of times!). Could maybe be the VI.2 bluetooth format that i dont think the working models have...
Any ideas?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It's not very good to be honest.

It cuts out a lot, the iPhone can't be too far away from your headphones and can't have too many things covering it (i.e. if you put it in a carrying case in your bag, it flips out when it gets a little more than 2-3ft away).

The iPhone gets somewhat hot after about half an hour of A2DP.

Also the lack of AVRCP is a HUGE fault. This is the profile that allows you to control the songs (next, back buttons) from the headset. I'm betting that's because Apple is going to release their own stereo bluetooth headset with special apple controls over a special profile.. I will vomit if they do that.

On a good note, it doesn't drain my battery at all!
A2DP takes VERY little battery power on iPhone 3G! Not sure why.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2