a word about apple's phenomenal (iphone) marketing

cyber

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
heaps of people working for two years on a single device.

200 patents registered.

overseas' production facilities involved.

tons of designers, programmers and laywers at work.

and not a single snapshot of the product made it to the net before the launch. how many shaky treo snaps we get to see before an official treo launch?

another of apple's secrets: this hysteria created before a launch - and the launch of more than convincing products.

all eyes are on steve at that very moment. very very thought through and implemented.

cyber

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
famous last words (ed colligan, nov 06), laughing off the idea that any company could easily win customers in the finicky smart-phone sector:

“We’ve learned and struggled for a few years here figuring out how to make a decent phone. PC guys are not going to just figure this out. They’re not going to just walk in.”

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
Their stuff NEVER seems to leak - and it very often exceeds expectations.

Palm stuff always leaks, and seldom meets expectations (these days, anyway).

I get the impression that Jobs has a knack for really whipping his people (and vendors) into a loyalty driven frenzy. Apple peeps always seem to be excited about what they are working on. I'm sure that has a tremendous affect on how likely employees are to talk about their projects outside work. The mystery of Apple's next big thing is part of their hype - part of what makes their products seem "special". This iPhone certainly falls into that category - even missing the obvious 3G thing.

PSB22

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Bs

What amazes me is the BS that Jobs got away with in that speech...

"The first ever fully functional web browser on a phone"

"Look, google maps on a phone"

Its like, wow Steve, your new device can almost do as much as a Treo but for nearly double the price. Now, lemme just get out my wallet.

What a pompous a-hole.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro