A sad day for South Florida

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As you know hurricane IAN hit our great state of Florida and here in Ocala we where luck being on the far northern edge of the storm and only received some rain and light wind.

But our neighbors to the south where not so fortunate, my sister who lives in North Port was hammered. They have no power and heavy damaged homes are common in their area.

I also had friends in Ft Meyers who have lost everything. I feel for everyone who has been affected by IAN and hope for a speedy recovery, but some areas will takes years to rebuild and Ft Meyers as we once knew it, we’ll never be the same.

Please keep the folks in Florida in your prayers. Our governor and the local governments here in Florida are doing a good job trying to get folks back on their feet.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As you know hurricane IAN hit our great state of Florida and here in Ocala we where luck being on the far northern edge of the storm and only received some rain and light wind.

But our neighbors to the south where not so fortunate, my sister who lives in North Port was hammered. They have no power and heavy damaged homes are common in their area.

I also had friends in Ft Meyers who have lost everything. I feel for everyone who has been affected by IAN and hope for a speedy recovery, but some areas will takes years to rebuild and Ft Meyers as we once knew it, we’ll never be the same.

Please keep the folks in Florida in your prayers. Our governor and the local governments here in Florida are doing a good job trying to get folks back on their feet.

It’s good to hear from you. I’m glad you are doing ok and feel badly for all who aren’t. The effects of Ian will take a very long time to recover from.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Glad to hear you’re okay but saddened by all those affected by the hurricane. Praying for the recovery effort

Travons

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
Glad to know you're doing fine. Been a lot to take from it. I just donated to help some victims of the hurricane yesterday.
If you need any help, you can reach out to me.

jiop tret

Jan 6, 2023
Visit site
I understand people who didn't move out and leave their homes, I probably would have done the same. Florida has always been a dream of mine. I recently went to Vegas and heard that a lot of people were out for the expected storm. But many more stayed in their homes and hoped for the best. I had a great hotel there, you can check out their official vegas page here, but they also have a lot of cool hotels in Florida. They are all super comfortable and clean and the best part is the staff is helpful and polite. My next trip will be there. I'm sure I'll love it.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I understand people who didn't move out and leave their homes, I probably would have done the same. Florida has always been a dream of mine. I was just planning on visiting this year. So I monitored all the news and prayed for the people who were there. I hope all is well!

Hello and welcome to iMore! It’s great to have you here. When you get a chance please take a minute to post an introduction to yourself in this thread:

https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2