A "pro" version of iOS?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Apple should release a pro version of iOS with advanced features starting with iOS 8?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I do not think they need to create a pro version with advanced features. They should continue with keeping it the same across the board as it is now, in my opinion....:) Great question, by the way.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can see the backlash they'd take from the media as being "money hungry" for releasing a better version of iOS available to those who want to pay extra.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you think Apple should release a pro version of iOS with advanced features starting with iOS 8?

No, but I think they should open iOS up a little but more. They should add an option to have access to the file system along with things like custom keyboard options. It could be an option while setting up the phone. "Advanced user? No problem! Enjoy greater customization and access by choosing the pro setting"

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I dont think they will. Apple seems to be really pushing unity behind their devices and OSs. However, a Pro version that has a file manager would be welcome ;)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

No because then they will fall into the "fragmentation" that so many bash android for. It doesn't make sense. Not to mention would everyone have a choice for the Pro version or would they be at the mercy of carriers to carry devices that run said pro version. Just too much time and effort would have to be split on 2 versions. They already have their hands full with just one version of IOS and MAC OS.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No, but I think they should open iOS up a little but more. They should add an option to have access to the file system along with things like custom keyboard options. It could be an option while setting up the phone. "Advanced user? No problem! Enjoy greater customization and access by choosing the pro setting"

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Apple is a one size fits all. That is and never was their motto to be for the "tinkerers" sadly.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that happening. Apple is consistent with iOS. Changing that would risk hurting the dependability and stability of the product.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro