A new HomePod could be on the way next year - with a screen

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The Amazon Echo Show is probably an interesting product to some people. It isn’t for me not even in the supposed upcoming, non privacy invading form from Apple. Regardless of my own personal opinion on the product form, I’ve never seen an Echo Show in the wild. That doesn’t per se mean much but my hunch is Echos with a screen are a very small sliver of Echos sold. And that is considering that Amazon basically takes an upfront loss on Echos to keep the price as attractive as possible, something Apple won’t do. So I’m Apple plans on selling how many?
Ultimately I don’t understand how an iPad and HomePod combined in a single unit is more advantageous than buying a HomePod and iPad separately. Imho Apple should make a 200$ HomePod Middle that sits in between Mini and OG2. Sell the iPad 9, the middle HomePod and an iPad case/stand as a discounted bundle. physically attaching all of it is unnecessary and greatly limits use cases.

Too long of a post but I have to add this. I looked up the Echo Show. Here is Amazon’s privacy sales pitch: “Designed to protect your privacy – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others.
Reading that really is a litmus test. If you do read that and think “my privacy is safe!”, in your pocket right now likely is a Googlized Android smartphone. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
…. I looked up the Echo Show. Here is Amazon’s privacy sales pitch: “Designed to protect your privacy – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others.
Reading that really is a litmus test. If you do read that and think “my privacy is safe!”, in your pocket right now likely is a Googlized Android smartphone. :)
Agreed, and in addition, that statement by Amazon doesn’t mean that it will not “share” or “provide access” to your personal information.

Reactions: Up_And_Away

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2