A free abstract, minimalist and space themed(ish) maths app for iPhone and iPad!

Appvism

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have just released a (visually) dark and abstract maths app, primarily for children, testing both your multiple choice maths skills as well as basic hand-to-eye coordination and would love some feedback and thoughts from the community here. The app is free to try (all Easy Levels are free) and can be download here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/journey-to-maaths/id793916983?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Background:
The main idea is that each journey requires jumping through 4 spinning rift gates, each of which contains 5 random maths questions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) - with each question accompanied by 4 rotating multiple choice answers spinning around each rift gate. I wanted to make each "level" short and ideal for quick bursts, but each time you play and complete a level, it automatically progresses to the next level (with different maths questions). After playing all the levels, it becomes random. I was trying to tie this randomness with the general space theme/rift jumping idea.

App features:
- Single player multiple choice maths suitable for all ages.
- Test your maths knowledge with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in 23 levels from easy to hard.
- Simple abstract, minimalist visuals.
- In-game stats and Game Center support, with leaderboards and game achievements.
- Universal iOS app.
- No ads or social media.
- Free to try and play! - opening 8 easy levels are free to play, while a full game unlock includes 15 more levels from medium and hard.

Screenshots:

screenshot-maaths-iphone4.png

screenshot2-maaths-iphone4.png

More info:
Check out Appvism Projects - Journey To Maaths. An visually abstract maths game on iPhone and iPad

Appreciate any thoughts and feedback, thank you!

Cheers,

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh you are no stranger to the IOS apps forum. I have seen many of your apps and they are always top notch. I am sure this one will be no different so Welcome back. Good luck. :)

Appvism

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys/gals for your kind words, I very much appreciate it!

Would love to hear, and get, some feedback on it - either here on this thread or as a review on the App Store itself.

I am about to submit an app update with some bug fixes as well as introducing a badge reward/collect feature! I've updated my site with a blog post about this Appvism Blog - Maaths badges. One solo indie game dev blog

Thanks,