A Disappointment....My Honest Thoughts In A Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly it doesn’t sound like you’re actually wanting help. Rogue apps happen. Developers don’t optimize and Facebook is notorious on ALL platforms. The price of a phone has nothing to do with developers properly coding their app.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With all due respect, you shouldn't have to worry about battery draining g apps on a $1000 device, especially an apple.

Keep in mind that typically, it’s rogue apps that drain the battery. Anyway, as had been asked already, what apps are listed at the top of your usage list and what percentage of the battery are those apps using? If they are excessively high, then they will be the culprit, and either an app update, a reboot, a restore or removal of the app(s) could solve the problem.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
With all due respect, you shouldn't have to worry about battery draining g apps on a $1000 device, especially an apple.

With al due respect, it’s not up to Apple to fix third party developers’ bad coding.
Also, make sure Location Services is set to ‘While in Use’ for apps.

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
LOL see Flossy Carters review (1:45) the 8+ clearly has DOUBLE the battery life of the X. What else should I prove? I already posted screen shots. All of my apple devices have been crap since iOS 11 rolled out. My 6s+ was stellar for 2 years, then they rolled that out and I would have thought that new hardware would improve it, but that's not the case. Even my iPad Air 2 is on the charger 2 - 3 times a day. My X was on the charger all day yesterday and most of today.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
LOL see Flossy Carters review (1:45) the 8+ clearly has DOUBLE the battery life of the X. What else should I prove? I already posted screen shots. All of my apple devices have been crap since iOS 11 rolled out. My 6s+ was stellar for 2 years, then they rolled that out and I would have thought that new hardware would improve it, but that's not the case. Even my iPad Air 2 is on the charger 2 - 3 times a day. My X was on the charger all day yesterday and most of today.

Numerous other people have expressed the same concerns and hopefully, things will get better. iOS 11.2 Dev Beta is excellent on my iPhone X with regard to battery life, so hopefully it’ll continue to be when it’s officially released.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

-Who is Flossy Carter.
-Is he in any way a objective tester?
-Where both devices set up with the same Settings and apps?

iOS versions have been known to fluctuate in battery life since forever.
Battery life is an indication, not a guarantee.

And frankly, complaining about battery life on iPhones is getting old. You know what you’re getting into as a long life iPhone user. And if you are new to iPhone, then you most definitely know it’s not up to par with what android devices offer.
But that’s okay though, since iPhone only offers half the battery capacity, yet manages to stay close to what android devices offer in battery life.

mtva24

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
-Who is Flossy Carter.
-Is he in any way a objective tester?
-Where both devices set up with the same Settings and apps?

iOS versions have been known to fluctuate in battery life since forever.
Battery life is an indication, not a guarantee.

And frankly, complaining about battery life on iPhones is getting old. You know what you’re getting into as a long life iPhone user. And if you are new to iPhone, then you most definitely know it’s not up to par with what android devices offer.
But that’s okay though, since iPhone only offers half the battery capacity, yet manages to stay close to what android devices offer in battery life.

-Flossy is a youtube phone reviewer.
- I believe so

Actually I have had plenty of androids and apples and I usually praise the battery life on my iOS devices. I didn't start "complaining" until iOS 11 rolled out, but thanks anyways. Rogue apps, I would expect that on android but not iOS...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Rogue apps, I would expect that on android but not iOS...

I don’t know what you got from ‘rogue apps’, but it’s the reality. It’s the developers duty, or task, depends on how you see it, to make their apps so that it is battery friendly.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

You obviously experiencing something that me and other commenters here are not when it comes to battery life, otherwise we would say something negative too. I have no problems with my iPhone 10 battery as well. I have my location turned on but most of my apps are set to “while using only”. I also completely turn off Background refresh. It’s completely useless. My mails are also set to fetch every 1 hour only. Only my mail at work is set to push. I used my phone regularly checking Facebook, Instagram, watching YouTube and when I go home at 7PM, I still have 40% left in my battery. If you’re not happy with the performance of your iPhone 10, you can always go back to your previous phone. We’re just here to give you our opinions. End the end, you will be the one making your own decision.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
"3b.) A large part of my business is done on my phone I send out dozens of payments to people on Pay Pal everyday and being able to just use my thumb to log in saves a lot of time! For now the only solution I found is to use the 4 digit pin to log in.i Its also nice to be able to log on my my credit card and a few other apps using my thumb." This irritates me the most. Apple said apps that used TouchID would work fine with FaceID, but many I am finding out do not in fact work with FaceID. The apps have been updated but still not working. Hope this gets worked out soon.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
"3b.) A large part of my business is done on my phone I send out dozens of payments to people on Pay Pal everyday and being able to just use my thumb to log in saves a lot of time! For now the only solution I found is to use the 4 digit pin to log in.i Its also nice to be able to log on my my credit card and a few other apps using my thumb." This irritates me the most. Apple said apps that used TouchID would work fine with FaceID, but many I am finding out do not in fact work with FaceID. The apps have been updated but still not working. Hope this gets worked out soon.

Banking apps and some other apps prefer not to take Apple’s word for it and want to test out eventual security issues and other company policies regarding new technologies.

Here in The Netherlands banks took their sweet time to implement TouchID in their apps and other banks won’t differ much in this regard.

Give it some time.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Er...I’m finding it pretty close to my 7 Plus. I took it off charger at 2am and was at the hospital all day, got home at 7pm and was at 32%. That’s with keeping family updated and passing the time browsing while mom was in the OR for 4-5 hours.

That’s not trash. You can’t compare your X to your wife’s 8 Plus. They aren’t the same phone with the exact same setup.

There’s something off in your settings. It’s not simply trash because you declare it so anymore than my declaring the sky is green with polka dots makes it true.

I pray for your mom. May she get better soon

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is much better than my iP 7. I finished my 2nd week with my X with about 15% more life than I would with my 7. I have poor coverage with ATT in my shop, I look through a metal building for the closest site. Tuesday and Wednesday I was out and about running down an interference source and was making a lot more calls than I normally do. And still I had much better life.

Like someone else said check location services and make sure your apps are set for only while in use. I also keep my WiFi off all of the time. Also could it be, like me during my first week with the X, that you were using it more because it is a new piece of technology? I was always picking up my X just to play with it, checking Face ID, playing with the apps.

As for the apps that use Touch ID on previous phones at least 1 banking app, Citi Bank, still needs to be updated to use Face ID but the majority of my other apps have been updated and work great with Face ID. Apple Pay works great with Face ID. The only tine Face ID doesn’t work 100% of the time is when I’m in my car and the X is in it’s mount. I have the mount set so that I won’t see any reflection on the screen. So I need to jus move my head a bit to have the X unlock.

Just my 2 cents.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I have my banking apps updated with Face ID and they are all working fine. Same thing with other apps on my phone that supports it like 1password, Credit Karma, etc. Give it some time for them to adapt the new technology. It’s not apple’s fault. Blame it on the app developer. They have been given 2 years in advance to adapt the technology. This always happen with new iPhone release that brings out new technology. When you said the app has been updated, did it say updated with support of Face ID? If not then it won’t work.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

All I’m saying is I have 52% battery left here

cf5818c0e78616ef6d22b24faa1b71fc.jpg

And the OS makes no difference on poorly coded apps. That’s on the developer of the app not the manufacturer of the device.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Guys just to report, my PayPal app is working normally with FaceID. Just entered in the configs tab, disabled TouchID feature and re-enabled it again. System then asked me if I would like to allow app to use FaceID instead of TouchID and... That's it!

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
App switching is my biggest gripe, but everything else tops the Plus - especially the form factor. Sorry you're disappointed. Sounds like you should go back to the Plus model. No shame in that my man.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

The backend service is biometric kit and anything that worked with touchID will still work with FaceID. Developers can however turn off biometric kit access to their apps until they are ready to deploy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR