6S user - Purchase XR or wait till September

Vyenkatesh

Well-known member
Jan 3, 2015
106
0
16
Visit site
I own 6S. I am thinking to upgrade to XR due to discounts offered on XR in India at the moment. Should I wait till September for New models and also see if both XS and XR prices will go down further? Not aware of Apple's pricing strategy about their new iPhone models as well.

At present I am facing frequent network disconnection, suddenly no sound between call for few minutes and call resumes all of a sudden. I have tried using different phone ( not iPhone) which doesn't have these problems so there is something wrong with my 6S. I have tried restoring as new phone as well but of no use. These problems are affecting my daily usage so I was thinking of purchasing XR but on the other hand 3 months down the line Apple will launch new models, so I am confused if my purchasing XR will turn out decision taken in hurry.

What should I do !! :confused:
 

kojackjku

Active member
May 26, 2016
34
0
0
Visit site
If you are having issues, don't hesitate to grab a xr now. It's a fantastic phone. I am running an iphone 8 now, and I am teetering on the fence whether to grab an XR now or wait as well.
 

Annie_M

Moderator
Mar 2, 2016
22,429
847
113
Visit site
I'm not sure how pricing and discounts work in India, so this is a gamble. New phones are coming out in approximately three months, but it's hard to say what the pricing will be and if there will be any significant discounts. If you're having issues with your 6s, then I agree with @kojackjku that you might want to go ahead and purchase the XR.
 

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
1,137
4
38
Visit site
Personally, I'd recommend waiting. If you wait, you can see what features a new phone might have and, if you decide you still want the Xr then it will likely be discounted even further once the new phones are announced.

At the same time, keep an eye on prices and you can always buy one, if someone offers a great deal on the phone.
 

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
554
0
16
Visit site
I own 6S. I am thinking to upgrade to XR due to discounts offered on XR in India at the moment. Should I wait till September for New models and also see if both XS and XR prices will go down further? Not aware of Apple's pricing strategy about their new iPhone models as well.

At present I am facing frequent network disconnection, suddenly no sound between call for few minutes and call resumes all of a sudden. I have tried using different phone ( not iPhone) which doesn't have these problems so there is something wrong with my 6S. I have tried restoring as new phone as well but of no use. These problems are affecting my daily usage so I was thinking of purchasing XR but on the other hand 3 months down the line Apple will launch new models, so I am confused if my purchasing XR will turn out decision taken in hurry.

What should I do !! :confused:

You’ll know best with pricing in India ... I don’t think what the western world will get in price reduction will be reciprocated in India when new models are released.
My side of the globe, the reductions of the older model pricing isn’t passed onto us.

If it’s a deal, go for it and get the upgrade
 

tsparks1

Well-known member
Jan 5, 2012
499
0
0
Visit site
If you are having issues, don't hesitate to grab a xr now. It's a fantastic phone. I am running an iphone 8 now, and I am teetering on the fence whether to grab an XR now or wait as well.

I just made the jump from an 8+ to Xr, I don't regret not waiting. It was well worth it regardless of what Apple does in the future. Xr is a terrific phone.
 

Annie_M

Moderator
Mar 2, 2016
22,429
847
113
Visit site
I would go for the deal! I love my 8+, but I’ve been impressed with everything thing I’ve heard about the XR.
 

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
18,336
0
0
Visit site
With the new phones coming in a couple of months I would wait to purchase however the current XR is a great device and the so called 11R will be a touch better and more money to buy at release ,let us know what you decide on buying .
 

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
59,978
710
113
Visit site
I own 6S. I am thinking to upgrade to XR due to discounts offered on XR in India at the moment. Should I wait till September for New models and also see if both XS and XR prices will go down further? Not aware of Apple's pricing strategy about their new iPhone models as well.

At present I am facing frequent network disconnection, suddenly no sound between call for few minutes and call resumes all of a sudden. I have tried using different phone ( not iPhone) which doesn't have these problems so there is something wrong with my 6S. I have tried restoring as new phone as well but of no use. These problems are affecting my daily usage so I was thinking of purchasing XR but on the other hand 3 months down the line Apple will launch new models, so I am confused if my purchasing XR will turn out decision taken in hurry.

What should I do !! :confused:

If it were me, I would go ahead and get an iPhone X🅁 now, especially if having the ability to stay in touch with family, friends and work associates are important.
 

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
792
0
0
Visit site
Only thing that would make me wait over the current Xr (I have a 128g Xr) would be if the new ones ship with Qualcomm radios. The intel radios in my Xr are a significant step back from my 6 plus and has regular hand off issues from tower to tower. I know several spots around my town that if I make a call I will have dead spots in the conversation. It seems to be something Apple hasn’t found a fix for and likely never will. Nothing that’s ruined the phone, just annoying since a cell phones primary purpose should be able to make clear phone calls.
 

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
261,047
Messages
1,769,299
Members
441,282
Latest member
LowSpeedEndos