6s Plus to 7 (NOT plus)

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
So, I'm debating going to the smaller size from my 6s+. Partly because all the plus in the area are sold out on pre-order for the upgrade program...........I bought the 6s+ on the upgrade program last year so I have to go in store to upgrade and there are no pluses left in the area. There's plenty of the smaller size though up to 256 in matte black still. Not really sure what to do. The biggest reasons I went for the plus last time were the OIS and the battery in that order along with the screen size as a close 3rd. I was coming from a Motorola Android phone that was the same physical size roughly as the 7, slightly wider, but with the a 5.2" screen in the roughly similar body size and I didn't want to lose 1/2 an inch of screen space. Now that the 7 has OIS though, it's tempting.

I really wanted Jet Black, but think I could live with matte. I did silver last time because I wanted to try a white faced phone, and the gray just seemed "blah everyone has it" but there's two black face models this year and both are new colors. What do you guys think? Right now my plan has been to just starting checking every day at 8am on the 17th as per instructions for a jet black 128GB plus reservation in store, but that could take weeks, where I could pre-order an in store pickup for a 256gb matte black 7 for the same apple upgrade program price right now and have it on Friday.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It appears you really want the iPhone 7 Plus but you're impatient to wait for it to become available. If that's true, then you may not really enjoy the iPhone 7 after a day or two. Take a moment to think about it and understand that many others who have ordered the exact model they want will have to wait a while for it to arrive. It's normal. Don't buy something you really don't want just for the sake of getting it on launch day.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If size doesn't matter and the second camera on the Plus is not that much of an addition for you, I'd say just go with the 7.

But make no mistake, once you are used to Plus, the non-Plus will feel like a toy in your hands.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll go ahead and suck it up and wait. It's just the whole if it takes too long then I'm off cycle by a month or more on the upgrade next year (assuming I upgrade). I keep checking out my wife's 6s and it just seems so small compared to the plus. It's like there needs to be a size in the middle lol.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am going from the 6s plus to the 7. After having the 6 plus and 6s plus I realized that the smaller size will simply work better. I'll let you know if I'm wrong.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm still thinking about it again. I'm not necessarily going to enjoy the smaller screen, and it will be a downgrade as far as screen size for offline maps for hiking/etc. but usability (holding it, etc.) is definitely far better on the smaller phone. At this point, I don't want to commit to matte though unless I can see both black colors in person first though. So I guess either way I'm not getting anywhere quick.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2