6s plus glass screen protectors disappointing

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I use MIME and ILoome, I prefer the MIME feather light thin one but its not edge to edge. ILoome makes one that is edge to edge and it works good to. No raided edges ever. Both brands make edge to edge or the regular style.

Omega V

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I just got the 6s plus after debating it for a while coming from the 6 and I love it. I had horrible luck with glass screen protectors on the 6 not laying down and leaving a raised edge in 2-3 sides. I have many friends with 6plus and they didn't have this issue so I was sure I wouldn't with this one... Wrong. The tech at Best Buy tried 4 in a row. Same problem. Not as noticeable with the white phone but 3 sides have a raised edge that didn't adhere to the phone. Is it because this one is thicker??? I know the edges of the phone are round but it stops far enough back from the edge. When I put the phone in my pocket dust will start collecting under the edge. Annoyed. Is there a brand that actually works right? I haven't found one yet that worked since the 5s.

I hate screen protectors because they don't do anything besides get in the way and make the screen look worst over time plus they cost far too much money for some crappy plastic :raised-eyebrow: I have a little background in using screen protectors because I worked at AT&T as a sales rep for 7 years and at Apple for less than 1 year and most people had more issues with having a screen protector than without!

Sorry to go away from the question you were asking; do you NEED to have a screen protector on your phone or can you just go naked or with a case? Give this a try because cellular phone screens are very hard to damage or even scratch unless you are being extremely careless (putting your phone in same pocket as keys, coins, etc). After a day or two you will notice you don't even need a screen protector, some people have to get a screen protector on day one and it just isn't needed. A case I can understand since the iPhone is slippery or you want drop protection but trust me that screen protector isn't doing anything.

Take this from a person that worked around cellular phones for 7 years and hasn't used a screen protector in the past 5 years with no problems at all in terms of my screen scratching or getting beat up.

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
i tend to agree and Removed the screen protector from my iPhone 6, and had no issues. being a new phone with a bigger screen i was nervous but in the end I will probably end up removing it. it is supposed to be a tougher screen. i have a tech 21 case for grip and drop protection.

suken123

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I got a Spigen screen protector and no matter how I install it there are air bubbles on either sides just won't go away. Tried everything. Any suggestions to remove the air bubbles or do I just remove the screen protector

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried the spigen on the 6 and same issues. There is no way to fix it if is aligned perfectly but it kills me when I see people's iPhone 6 or plus with glass screen protectors that actually work like they're supposed to! Lol. I was going to try the spigen on the 6s plus but Im leary of it now.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently had to have my 6s plus swapped out the funny thing is with my original phone I had ZERO issues with using the Zagg Glass, I tried FOUR different ones on my replacement device and none of them would adhere to the edges, very annoying.

applehead3

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Tech Armor HD Ballistic Glass works well with the 6+ and 6s+. I previously used an InvisiShield glass protector and it cracked when I dropped my phone 3 feet on the carpet

jesssiii7

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I just got the 6s plus after debating it for a while coming from the 6 and I love it. I had horrible luck with glass screen protectors on the 6 not laying down and leaving a raised edge in 2-3 sides. I have many friends with 6plus and they didn't have this issue so I was sure I wouldn't with this one... Wrong. The tech at Best Buy tried 4 in a row. Same problem. Not as noticeable with the white phone but 3 sides have a raised edge that didn't adhere to the phone. Is it because this one is thicker??? I know the edges of the phone are round but it stops far enough back from the edge. When I put the phone in my pocket dust will start collecting under the edge. Annoyed. Is there a brand that actually works right? I haven't found one yet that worked since the 5s.
I'm using a Zagg clear tempered glass and it has rounded edges to match the phone and fits perfectly, staying adhered all around. Got it from a Verizon store and had a guy there install it.

chrissmith2016

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Surprisingly,I have been used couples of iPhone tempered glasses protector and i have not been come across this issue,i and my girl friend are those accustomed to using cell phone tempered glass screen protector significantly protecting devices from normal scratches, dents and dings smudges and reduce the fingerprints.Just like you,my gf bought a iPhone 6S plus several month ago and we had been annoyed by where to look for a really durable iPhone 6S Plus tempered glass screen protector.

Googling how to pick a cell phone tempered glass screen film preferred,I found a pretty useful blog at blog.onu-mall.com/?cat=12 filled with tons of useful publications including how to pick the quality phone tempered glass screen preferred,tracking the blog,i was surprised by a online shop with huge selections of various affordable amazing cell phone tempered glass screen protectors and smart watch tempered glass screen protector , i bought a really unique0.26mm 9H Surface Hardness 2.5D Explosion-proof Tempered Glass Screen Film for iPhone 6s Plus at onu-mall.com/0-26mm-9h-surface-hardness-2-5d-explosion-proof-tempered-glass-screen-film-for-iphone-6s-plus--pack-of-10-.html for my gf,she is so satisfied with the protector with Oleo-phobic Coating
which can prevent fingerprints or other stains, and make the film easy to clean,additionally,The self-adhesive silicone can touch on the screen smoothly. It makes the installation easy an is more sensitive for operation,the 9H hardness can effectively protect the screen from scratches and external shocks,i am so happy making she surprising and would like to upload the picture and share the online store named ONU-MALL ONLINE STORE!
Tempered-Glass-Screen-Film-for-iPhone-1s.jpg

Last edited:

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I am using a TechZoo glass protector. It's a little thicker than some(.33 vs .20) but still works perfectly with the 3D Touch. It seems to be adhering fine too. Then again I put the screen protector on as I pulled off the protective plastic when I first got it so there were no finger oils or anything to clean off for it to stick.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a couple of different ones. My first one (a Zagg) bit the bullet doing its job when my phone came out of my handlebar mount. The Zagg protector was nice, but the curved glass made it not quite fit right around the edges, like the OP said. The replacement one I got at the Verizon store fit much better, but it was really thick and made it made it so I couldn't use lens adapters. I ended up getting a new one at from the Apple store. They don't sell the glass ones though. The one I have now is the anti-glare one from the Apple store. It is much thinner. I'm not sure how well it protects though.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Even though I found a glass protector that I really liked (Tzumi ProGlass), I stopped using screen protectors a couple months ago. I was always checking my screen at first, but now I don't. I have a small scratch on the screen but it can only be seen at a specific angle. It doesn't bother me at all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still doing fine with none at all. The 6s Plus screen is great. I do use an Otterbox Commuter case. I dropped my phone about 4? ft face first on a hard tile covered floor yesterday, and no scratches, breakage, chips, or even a scuff on the case. Nothing at all. The screen looks the same as it did September 25th.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73