6s plus glass screen protectors disappointing

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got the 6s plus after debating it for a while coming from the 6 and I love it. I had horrible luck with glass screen protectors on the 6 not laying down and leaving a raised edge in 2-3 sides. I have many friends with 6plus and they didn't have this issue so I was sure I wouldn't with this one... Wrong. The tech at Best Buy tried 4 in a row. Same problem. Not as noticeable with the white phone but 3 sides have a raised edge that didn't adhere to the phone. Is it because this one is thicker??? I know the edges of the phone are round but it stops far enough back from the edge. When I put the phone in my pocket dust will start collecting under the edge. Annoyed. Is there a brand that actually works right? I haven't found one yet that worked since the 5s.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i been threw 4 for my iphone 6s. the only ones that would adhere right for me were ones from verizon stores. only because they stay far from edge. i chose to put up with what you have described. truth be told where i got mine from anyways he said its purely cosmetic and simply put it just didnt stay flat. if it wasnt attached to screen you be able peel it off easy or peel edges up. on mine i cant so its purely cosmetic and being thru several and not living in city driving get them its become hassle i just dont wanna deal with.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i cant order off amazon anymore which stinks when people post products. short reason so no one thinks i do something horrible.i had all natural vitamins that sent me basically to emergency room ( 3 day stay) and a battery charger case for my iphone at time fried my phone i had no insurance at that time so i filed complaint with amazon. they did nothing filed with the bbb against companies on there selling stuff amazon banned me. :-X ill have check ebay or something. one i have on my 6s is mybat branded screen guard paid 30 bucks for.

fadedlogic

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I just installed a Daswise iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector for Space Gray(it has blacked out portions) it was only $10 so was worth the gamble. It installed flawlessly and is almost undetectable aside from around the home button. It goes edge to edge and my Spigen slim armor case fits just fine.:yes: I highly recommend!

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have used extreme guard tempered glass screen protectors. They work great cost is low and they have a great warranty!!!

Xtreme guard tends to have 80% sales also.

shreff86

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I just installed a Daswise iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector for Space Gray(it has blacked out portions) it was only $10 so was worth the gamble. It installed flawlessly and is almost undetectable aside from around the home button. It goes edge to edge and my Spigen slim armor case fits just fine.:yes: I highly recommend!

care to share a picture of it installed

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 6s plus after debating it for a while coming from the 6 and I love it. I had horrible luck with glass screen protectors on the 6 not laying down and leaving a raised edge in 2-3 sides. I have many friends with 6plus and they didn't have this issue so I was sure I wouldn't with this one... Wrong. The tech at Best Buy tried 4 in a row. Same problem. Not as noticeable with the white phone but 3 sides have a raised edge that didn't adhere to the phone. Is it because this one is thicker??? I know the edges of the phone are round but it stops far enough back from the edge. When I put the phone in my pocket dust will start collecting under the edge. Annoyed. Is there a brand that actually works right? I haven't found one yet that worked since the 5s.

And we have Apple to thank for the curved screens the screen makers have to deal with.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've used 4 tempered glass protectors so far and that only happened to me once, it was a very very tiny part on the edges though, not even close to ruin the experience, try a different brand, i always go with Amazon...really good prices right now.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I've used 4 tempered glass protectors so far and that only happened to me once, it was a very very tiny part on the edges though, not even close to ruin the experience, try a different brand, i always go with Amazon...really good prices right now.

Did you use 4 on the same phone?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There are a few out there that are true edge to edge but they only come in white or black and I don't care for the white, its not the same white as the phone itself so it looks odd to me. I wish Cupert Technology was offering their curved edge with clear.

shreff86

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Just take your time when prepping and installing. I had a rather large air bubble that quickly disappeared after 30 seconds in the sun and a little gentle pushing. Hope it is a good solution for you as well.

Did you notice yours being a little draggy or sticky feeling when swiping from left to right? Also when it is laying the screen gets stuff stuck all over it dust and lint on it in no time I have wiped it with the microfiber clothes several times doesn't seem to change anything had a zagg glass on my 6 plus didn't notice it on it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit