Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there will because who would want to pay $399 for a 64 gb iphone. I mean That is a little steep and most people are fine with 16 or 32 gb. If there was a way they could release a 64 gb at the 299 and get rid of the 32gb than maybe. And since they will be pushing icloud storage that will probably be another reason you wont see a 64 gb i5.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, no. I would very much pay the extra $100 for the 64GB version and frankly paying $399 for a 64GB version is not an issue especially for those who upgrade their iPhone yearly as so many seem to do. I mean how much do you pay for a 64GB iPod Touch so really Apple would sell these quite well and time has marched on from 16/32GB only sizes, don't you think.

Hopefully we will see one, since we aren't getting LTE, a bigger screen we need something more than an updated camera (the 5MP camera was great already).

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I don't really think there will be one but I voted yes anyway (wishful thinking), with iTunes match I might not need it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, no. I would very much pay the extra $100 for the 64GB version and frankly paying $399 for a 64GB version is not an issue especially for those who upgrade their iPhone yearly as so many seem to do. I mean how much do you pay for a 64GB iPod Touch so really Apple would sell these quite well and time has marched on from 16/32GB only sizes, don't you think.

Hopefully we will see one, since we aren't getting LTE, a bigger screen we need something more than an updated camera (the 5MP camera was great already).

What do you download that you need 64 gb? I mean how many apps do you really need? I know people have thousands of songs but what is the point of having them when you clearly aren't going to listen to all of them? Just seems like a waste to me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There's no need for it...features that are being heavily developed for iOS devices almost eliminate the need for high capacity iPhones.

Well with tiered data I could see people wanting more space and not having to use their data alottment ok cloud storage.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think there will because who would want to pay $399 for a 64 gb iphone. I mean That is a little steep and most people are fine with 16 or 32 gb. If there was a way they could release a 64 gb at the 299 and get rid of the 32gb than maybe. And since they will be pushing icloud storage that will probably be another reason you wont see a 64 gb i5.

If they were to release a 64gb iPhone, it would occupy the $299 price point. I don't know why you think it would be $399. Apple has never increased the price of the iPhone. They would have $299 64gb, $199 32gb, and they'd either just leave the $99 at 8GB or upgrade it to 16.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
no-no-no.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I have a lot of games, and a lot of other business apps that are large. Many of the higher end games are 500+MB in size. Currently I have roughly 12GB of apps, not including the TomTom GPS app which is another 1.5-2GB of space. For me its about having more than enough space so I don't have to worry about space.

Now with cloud storage, if I could just store my podcasts and music there and stream (with my unlimited data), then maybe I wouldn't be bothered as much but I haven't see what we will get for iCloud or how quickly the data tariffs will come down on our heads with AT&T & Verizon. I have unlimited today, but could be capped tomorrow. Why should I HAVE to use cloud storage for music and media files due to a lack of proper storage on my iPhone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a lot of games, and a lot of other business apps that are large. Many of the higher end games are 500+MB in size. Currently I have roughly 12GB of apps, not including the TomTom GPS app which is another 1.5-2GB of space. For me its about having more than enough space so I don't have to worry about space.

Now with cloud storage, if I could just store my podcasts and music there and stream (with my unlimited data), then maybe I wouldn't be bothered as much but I haven't see what we will get for iCloud or how quickly the data tariffs will come down on our heads with AT&T & Verizon. I have unlimited today, but could be capped tomorrow. Why should I HAVE to use cloud storage for music and media files due to a lack of proper storage on my iPhone.

So you have we will say about 14 gb of apps/maps and you are telling me you have another 16 gig in music? Seems like a waste since there is no way you listen to all of those songs. It would be easier if apple made room for an sd card then you wouldnt have to worry about that.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have at least 14GB of apps, another 1GB in podcasts and 19GB in music. I do agree I don't listen to everything and really just favor my podcasts but I just don't want to have to choose what I carry. So yeah I guess the iCloud part could benefit us (me) and have my music there, carry my podcasts and apps for 16GB of storage leaving about 13GB for pics/videos. But I do have 330GB of movies stored too and unless Apple is going to allow me to use the iCloud to match them up and stream them for later use . . . well I have really followed the iCloud stuff so I will read more on that and comment later on.

In the world of tech I have never been happy with any device for long. Once I get it within a month or so I am already looking for its replacement, odd to many, cool to some, crazy to my close friends and definitely an issue for my wife ;)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm hopeful but realistic. I'd snatch up a 64GB iPhone in a minute. I believe you can never have too much storage. I now have over 1TB of movies, TV shows, music, podcasts, and other media. While I don't want everything, everywhere I go, I like having options. And I can get 64GB on an iPod touch!

I can see Apple going forward with 64GB on the iPad, and retain 32GB for the phone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if the iPhone had a a storage size that was between 32GB and 64GB for those who really need it, but I don't see it happening with the new iPhone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If I could get a 64GB iPhone and it was the same design as the current model (with the upgraded camera rumor too) then I would be happy. Storage is the one area you really need especially when recording video.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If I could get a 64GB iPhone and it was the same design as the current model (with the upgraded camera rumor too) then I would be happy. Storage is the one area you really need especially when recording video.
I think the 8MP camera update is a real possibility, while the added 64GB of storage is not.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would take a bit larger screen and the same 5 mp camera since it is a damn good camera over the same size screen and an 8mp camera.

Well, I like my cake and to eat it too, therefore I'll take a slightly lager screen and a 8MP. ;) doubt that it's going to happen, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen