6+ To Jailbreak or not 2 jailbreak

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I finally got my Space Grey 6 Plus to keep my Note 3 and Note 4 ...and iPhone 4 in good company. I love the screen size. I love the relative simplicity as it's nice to change things up regularly.

The question I have is whether or not I should jailbreak my brand new 6 Plus. Right now it seems to work flawlessly. I had jailbroken both of my 5s' last year and was very happy with the results and as I recall, it was EXTREMELY easy to jailbreak my 5s'. However, this is iOS 8. How much have things changed?

What's the jailbreaking landscape look like for the 6 Plus? Are the results better than in the past or worse? Has this community seen a lot problems with jailbreaking the 6/6 Plus?

I ask this, in part, because at the AT&T store and at Best Buy the sales staff were very eager to compare their jailbroken 6 Pluses with my Note 4. Unfortunately, in neither instances did the app/hacks they were so keen to show me actually work. So that left me a little less confident.

I know that's a lot of questions. Any good advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Get used to stock...see if you really like it...

Thanks. I like having a the iOS device as I appreciate the difference from my other phones. However, stock it seems like there are just isn't much to do to tweak and personalize it like so I was considering the jailbreak.

You have make a good point though.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I like having a the iOS device as I appreciate the difference from my other phones. However, stock it seems like there are just isn't much to do to tweak and personalize it like so I was considering the jailbreak.

You have make a good point though.

I would recommend jail breaking but since you just recently got the 6+ I don't know if the firmware will be compatible as of right now 8.1.2 and 8.1 are capable of being jail broken and Apple isn't signing those anymore.

But most of the major tweaks are compatible for example I was running Springtomize, Bloard, Activator, Classic Dock, Cloaky, Eclipse 2 and so on. The only thing that made me really sad is BiteSMS appears to be dead and that is the main thing I jail broke my iPhone for.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2