6-7 times a day when I close an app my phone will just go into hold mode.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It has been some time since I have been on this forum, so I don't know if anyone else is experience this problem. 6-7 times a day when I close an app my phone will just go into hold mode. Has anyone else had this issue or has a fix for it. Thanks for the help. I am running IOS 7.0.4

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 6-7 times a day when I close an app my phone will just go into hold mode

What do you mean when you state, "hold mode"? Is your phone "pausing" momentarily before allowing you to do anything else?

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

What do you mean when you state, "hold mode"? Is your phone "pausing" momentarily before allowing you to do anything else?

The screen goes black. Like when you would press the hold/sleep button on your phone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The screen goes black. Like when you would press the hold/sleep button on your phone.
Oh dang, and no, I can't say that I've experienced anything like that.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried restoring your phone and setting up as new? If so then I would do what Gravity suggested and take it to an Apple store.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried restoring your phone and setting up as new? If so then I would do what Gravity suggested and take it to an Apple store.

Yeah I tried that.

thanks for all the help. looks like i will just have to set up an appointment at the apple store.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

nice go ahead and show then directly its easier to understand

Took it into the apple store today. They had never seen anything like it (from a phone that had no water damage). The phone was nice and acted up when it was being looked at. They changed out the phone since I had already restoring the phone.

thanks for all the help.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Took it into the apple store today. They had never seen anything like it (from a phone that had no water damage). The phone was nice and acted up when it was being looked at. They changed out the phone since I had already restoring the phone.

thanks for all the help.

Thank you for the update, and I'm glad they gave you a new device. Take care and have a great weekend…:)