6.1.2 Jailbreaking Question

mrdavis55

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
Hey everyone... I'm a bit of a noob at this so i wanted to make sure i had it right before starting.

I'm already jailbroken with 6.1.1, So now that the update came out what order do i do things in????

Do I...

BackUp
Wipe/Restore
Restore from iCloud
Jailbreak Again

What do you guys do?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I backed up via iTunes. Restored iPhone and let phone update. Reloaded backup via iTunes and let phone sync. Re-Jailbroke. Reloaded tweaks.

sclambe

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there another Jailbreak download for the new update? Or do we use the same one? Im new to this.... Thanks.......

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
What's new in the update? I plan on just keeping mine where it's at unless there is something I missed?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Restored iPhone and let phone update.

I've been off #teamjailbreak for a while but back on board with evasi0n... but its been a while since I updated iOS and re-jailbroke and last night I tried to go from jailbroke 6.1 to 6.1.2 restore in iTunes (with the intention of jailbreaking again) and I got an iTunes error code. I'm searching and doing research to figure all this out again but do I need to get into DFU mode and then point the iTunes restore to a downloaded ipsw file? Something like that?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I always DFU restore before a JB. I backed up my JB'd iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, then DFU restored them both and restored from my backup. Then ran Evasi0n 1.4 on both. No issues. I would try the DFU restore and see if it helps you.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Well I just successfully upgraded from jailbroken 6.1 to 6.1.2 via an iTunes restore and option-click (I'm on a Mac) to point the restore to a downloaded copy of the 6.1.2 ispw file. Worked fine. Now waiting for my backup to load then I will jailbreak again with evasi0n 1.4. Thanks for letting me "think outloud" and maybe this will help somebody in a similar situation...

I should add that the main reason I wanted to update to 6.1.2 (other than I am a bit neurotic about keeping my software up-to-date) is that I do use an Exchange connection for work and while I'm not sure the Exchange bug was affecting me, I feel better knowing I'm on a version of iOS that supposedly fixed it...

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my theory is to keep updating while you can. Apple will close the vulnerability, that is for certain

most jailbreakers are fine with staying on the most recent jailbreakable firmware until the end of time if needed

not me.