6.0-6.1.2 SHSH Blobs unusable/useless

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can only assume that you are dissatisfied with 6.0-6.1.2 SHSH Blobs and consider them unusable & useless. Furthermore, I am assuming that if we just open up cydia and read for ourselves, we will come to the same conclusion. How am I doing in interpreting your post?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No, they really are unusable due to an error in the way Cydia was saving them. See Saurik's post on the problem: http://www.saurik.com/id/15

Of course, there was no way to use them for anything above the iPhone 4 anyway, but the hope had always been that they might be useful down the road as new tools were developed. But that hope is now gone.

Recipe7

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry for not being clear, I was posting from my iPhone, something I rarely do. Seems too difficult to type coherently considering my mobility in comparison to a laptop/desktop, hehe.

It's really too bad regarding the SHSH. I'm still on 5.1.1 and was awaiting updates to some of my precious apps not yet updated to iOS6. Looks like I'll have to skip this update until iOS7.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No, they really are unusable due to an error in the way Cydia was saving them. See Saurik's post on the problem: Where did my iOS 6 TSS data go? - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Of course, there was no way to use them for anything above the iPhone 4 anyway, but the hope had always been that they might be useful down the road as new tools were developed. But that hope is now gone.
If you saved your blobs via tinyumbrella, they're fine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry for not being clear, I was posting from my iPhone, something I rarely do. Seems too difficult to type coherently considering my mobility in comparison to a laptop/desktop, hehe.

It's really too bad regarding the SHSH. I'm still on 5.1.1 and was awaiting updates to some of my precious apps not yet updated to iOS6. Looks like I'll have to skip this update until iOS7.

No problem..:)...and I understand. Take care.

Collin Deppe

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi own a iPhone 4S and i made a mistake, well first off i upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 and i wanted to jailbreak my iPhone. well come to find out i cant jailbreak my iPhone while im using iOS 6.1.3 :(.
But however i did some research and found this video "Downgrade from iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2 okay so i downloaded ifaith v 1.5.5 and snowbreez 2.9.14 and i downloaded the ispw for iOS 6.1.2 and now it says that it cant be found or server has been closed and could not find the ispw or some lame crap like that. so i download it a again (from different website) and it still says the same thing.
but yet online it says "its really easy to downgrade form iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2 but why haven't i accomplished it. i mean how hard could it be? I don't know what to do and i want my iPhone jailbroken to iOS 6.1.2, so if someone could help me out that would be AWESOME.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi own a iPhone 4S and i made a mistake, well first off i upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 and i wanted to jailbreak my iPhone. well come to find out i cant jailbreak my iPhone while im using iOS 6.1.3 :(.
But however i did some research and found this video "Downgrade from iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2 okay so i downloaded ifaith v 1.5.5 and snowbreez 2.9.14 and i downloaded the ispw for iOS 6.1.2 and now it says that it cant be found or server has been closed and could not find the ispw or some lame crap like that. so i download it a again (from different website) and it still says the same thing.
but yet online it says "its really easy to downgrade form iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.2 but why haven't i accomplished it. i mean how hard could it be? I don't know what to do and i want my iPhone jailbroken to iOS 6.1.2, so if someone could help me out that would be AWESOME.

the info that you're finding pertains to any device that uses an A4 chip. the iPhone 4S has an A5 chip, which cannot be downgraded from 6.1.3

your ONLY option now is to wait for iOS 7 to drop AND whatever the time period it takes for the Dev team to find a useable jailbreak

so.... probably around the end of the year

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR