5G and iphone 11

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
It becomes unusable in the sense of not being able to make a phone call or use any data.

My AT&T iPhone 11 Pro is always in 5Ge and I haven’t dropped a call or lost data connection is an incredibly long time. I also rarely use WiFi as I find 5Ge to be faster for most of what I do. Sorry for your troubles, but it must be a device setting or phone issue that needs fixing.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have TMO on an unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra. In areas where they provide 5G coverage it's a mixed bag TBH. Many times it's no faster than LTE. A few places it was definitely faster approaching 300 down and 50 up. LTE is also capable of those speeds and beyond. The issue is backhaul capacity. Just as a shared home internet connection will test well below claimed "up to" speeds during peak hours. The Netflix O'clock effect is alive and well.

The resistance is gaining traction, but AT&T isn't backing down. Perhaps class action is needed. Which is unfortunate as it only benefits the firm handling the case and the leftovers divided up are often barely enough to cover a night's carry out! And (of course) everyone has to pay for the settlement in the end...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/20/21265048/att-5g-e-misleading-advertising-recommendation-narb

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods