5C Price Slashed to $49.99 after three weeks? Did it FLUNK?

fluppyboy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
C'mon now. A new phone can make a splash on the charts like a new song. But it will not hold it's position in the long run like the S4. Watch and learn.

So you do agree that, at least currently, the iPhone 5C is a success? There ya go - we agree on something!

The S4 has already dropped back, only a few months after release. This is despite it being discounted, to prop up sales. So... what am I watching and learning? ???

Last edited:

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
All I know is I can't get rid of my green 5c for nothing. I see there are quite a few on Swappa with nobody biting on any of them. Kinda sad when you have a 32gig unlocked one going for just over 5bills and it can't sell.

fluppyboy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
All I know is I can't get rid of my green 5c for nothing. I see there are quite a few on Swappa with nobody biting on any of them. Kinda sad when you have a 32gig unlocked one going for just over 5bills and it can't sell.

I've never tried to sell a virtually new iPhone myself. I usually exchange it under Apple's return policy, or keep it. They're the two options that I work with. I make up my mind well within the return policy for a reason: Trying to sell anything second-hand is always a gamble! If stock of brand new 5Cs is plentiful, as it currently is, you're always going to be competing with that.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So you do agree that, at least currently, the iPhone 5C is a success? There ya go - we agree on something!

The S4 has already dropped back, only a few months after release. This is despite it being discounted, to prop up sales. So... what am I watching and learning? ???

No. The S4 has sold more globally than the 5C easily in same time period. Demand for the C is a elativeky poor. Every guy that I know who would have gotten a cheaper 5 is instead splurging for a 5S because of those bad color choices.

Samsung also sold a ton of S3s (their 5C) after the S4 release as well (/wink). They're killing it here and especially globally.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Its green. Its hideous. If it was black I'd probably buy it myself to gift someone a cheaper unlocked phone. But green isn't going to work, especially for any guy I know.

I have no doubt the color choices are affecting device sales for the 5C. Like I said earlier; they are polarizingly bright, and most of them are quite feminine. The 5S' color choices are all pretty neutral.

fluppyboy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
No. The S4 has sold more globally than the 5C easily in same time period.
Where's your source on this?

Samsung also sold a ton of S3s (their 5C) after the S4 release as well (/wink). They're killing it here and especially globally.

I guess that is why they are placed behind the iPhone every time some actual numbers come back from the telcos. Because Samsung are killing it. Globally. :laughing:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Where's your source on this?

I guess that is why they are placed behind the iPhone every time some actual numbers come back from the telcos. Because Samsung are killing it. Globally. :laughing:

It had more time to sell. Most sales are going to the 5S. No carrier has a shortage of 5C. Not even close.

The post quoted listed US carriers, which is misleading. iOS market share in the US is way higher than their global market share.

I don't have to debate Samsung's numbers for them. Their sales performance speaks for itself, even with them cannibalizing their own sales with other products like the Note/Active/Mini etc. ☺

MacWorld's thin data on this hardly qualifies as a "source," BTW.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
But green isn't going to work, especially for any guy I know. [...] they are polarizingly bright, and most of them are quite feminine

Objective and anecdotal. I can easily counter by saying I'm male, and own a green 5c, and assert that it isn't "hideous." Furthermore I can assert that most of the colors are actually gender neutral. Even the "pink" is more of a coral color. Color alone isn't going to doom the 5c, and I know a lot of people who are actually considering the 5c simply because they want a color choice.

The resellability for the 5c right now isn't particularly because of color either. I'd hazard a guess that most Swappa users are not in the color liking demographic. That doesn't represent a larger and more varied population. Furthermore, they're probably going to buy a better specced Android device in a similar price range. Taking it to Ebay or Craigslist could yield different results. Also, the likeliness of reselling it will probably increase as 5s furor dies down.

Looking at the green 5c listings, Sprint's seem to make up the glut. Can you blame them? Everyone I know on Sprint isn't exactly happy with their service... (oops, an anecdote of my own!) EDIT: The blue AT&T one is pretty clogged up too. Might be too early to infer anything still.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd say the same thing about all the colors except white. They are feminine or cutesy gay colors. No one I know wants that. They rather pay more for a better looking phone. Those colors are hideous. It has nothing to do with iOS or Apple.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd say the same thing about all the colors except white. They are feminine or cutesy gay colors. No one I know wants that. They rather pay more for a better looking phone. Those colors are hideous. It has nothing to do with iOS or Apple.

Whatever makes you secure with your masculinity/sexuality, bro. I'll be enjoying my color with the rest of them. It's quite a nice change to have more than boring old black and white, and, while not as customizable as the Moto X, makes it feel a bit more personal. I'd like to see more OEMs follow Nokia, Moto, and Apple into the world of rainbows and gay old times. ;)

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Whatever makes you secure with your masculinity/sexuality, bro. I'll be enjoying my color with the rest of them. It's quite a nice change to have more than boring old black and white, and, while not as customizable as the Moto X, makes it feel a bit more personal. I'd like to see more OEMs follow Nokia, Moto, and Apple into the world of rainbows and gay old times. ;)

Don't make assumptions about my sexuality. Being one thing and looking fruity are two different things.

Pardon the pun.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't make assumptions about my sexuality. Being one thing and looking fruity are two different things.

Pardon the pun.

Fair enough, just don't make implications about mine, and others, simply because we like colors you don't. You make it sound like the end of the world that we would rather buy a plastic, colored phone. For me, I hate the feel of metal on my palms. Feels grody to me. This is why options exist. Just because you and all your friends prefer the 5s doesn't mean the 5c is a failure, or shouldn't have existed. It has a niche to fill, and fills it well.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough, just don't make implications about mine, and others, simply because we like colors you don't. You make it sound like the end of the world that we would rather buy a plastic, colored phone. For me, I hate the feel of metal on my palms. Feels grody to me. This is why options exist. Just because you and all your friends prefer the 5s doesn't mean the 5c is a failure, or shouldn't have existed. It has a niche to fill, and fills it well.

I did no such thing.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I did no such thing.

My apologies, but it very well reads like it to me. I could translate it into predicates, make an implication, prove it in the Fitch system, but it doesn't make it a valid argument in all worlds, does it? It just sounded like your were either bothered that someone would like the 5c, or someone would want to have a "gay" looking phone. It read like you were fairly invested in asserting those points. Am I wrong? (probably, yes)

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Post #72 in the thread... Review what you said there.

Now... Play nice... Everybody...

Sorry, it probably was getting out of hand, wasn't it? I'll bow out now. I'm happy with my purchase, but I'll report in if I, or people I know, have any problems with it. I think it would make for good discussion.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Post #72 in the thread... Review what you said there.

Now... Play nice... Everybody...

I said the colors were feminine and cutesy gay. That says nothing about anyone's sexual preference, mannerisms, etc. I was talking about the colors.

Again. I did no such thing. I have nothing against the other poster. I enjoy a lively debate. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I said the colors were feminine and cutesy gay. That says nothing about anyone's sexual preference, mannerisms, etc. I was talking about the colors.

Again. I did no such thing. I have nothing against the other poster. I enjoy a lively debate. :)

"Cutesy gay."

You're trying to convince us you meant "gay" as in "happy"? LOL...give me a break.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
"Cutesy gay."

You're trying to convince us you meant "gay" as in "happy"? LOL...give me a break.

Nope. I was pretty clear. But I did not refer to any poster or person. If you think differently. Grats. I'm no longer debating it, so just move on from me.

Lime green, pink, yellow, sky blue... White is the only neutral color. Even the cases they made are ... ...

Pretty obvious to see my point. Why must this be a constitutional convention?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox