5C Price Slashed to $49.99 after three weeks? Did it FLUNK?

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've read reports where the iPhone 5C has been reduced to about HALF of what it was initially being offered for less than a month ago. Isn't this a sign that the 5C series isn't the big splash Apple anticipated. Will they spin this to say otherwise? What are your thoughts? Oh and the word should have read "Slashed"- I typed too fast. lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read reports where the iPhone 5C has been reduced to about HALF of what it was initially being offered for less than a month ago. Isn't this a sign that the 5C series isn't the big splash Apple anticipated. Will they spin this to say otherwise? What are your thoughts?
Not necessarily. With a great deal of people trying to get a gold iPhone 5S, some stores may have overstocked their shelves with the 5C. Alternatively, stores could be trying to take advantage of the iPhone 5C's success. Once they get you in the store, you're likely to buy something else. You know the drill....:)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a promotion on an item people want, carriers and other retail chains do it all the time to boost traffic and thus potential for sales

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Explain, because that damn sure didn't happen with the highly demanded 5S!

My guess is its a lot easier to mass produce the 5C than it is to make the 5s. So they can easily keep up with that demand. The 5C wasn't designed to be a line up the night before device. It is for those who want an entry level iPhone at a lower price point.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tell me how you thought that? What sale did YOU see?
I haven't seen any sales in regard to the iPhone 5C. You posted what YOU read and then asked, "Isn't this a sign that the 5C series isn't the big splash Apple anticipated?" I, along with a few others, replied with our take on it. Have you not read First Weekend iPhone Sales Top Nine Million, Sets New Record?

Furthermore, in regard to Walmart & Best Buy slashing the prices, this is what was stated, "This is what we do -- low prices is what we do," Sarah Spencer McKinney, director of corporate communications for Walmart, told ABC News. "As a price leader, we are always looking for ways to surprise our customers with low prices and disrupt the competition." That excerpt was taken from THIS news article.
The article also went on to state, "When Apple first launched the 5c last month many analysts criticized the company for not pricing the phone lower. Those complaints now seem to have been answered." What else do you need?

Last edited:

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I haven't seen any sales in regard to the iPhone 5C. You posted what YOU read and then asked, "Isn't this a sign that the 5C series isn't the big splash Apple anticipated?" I, along with a few others, replied with our take on it. Have you not read First Weekend iPhone Sales Top Nine Million, Sets New Record?

Furthermore, in regard to Walmart & Best Buy slashing the prices, this is what was stated, "This is what we do -- low prices is what we do," Sarah Spencer McKinney, director of corporate communications for Walmart, told ABC News. "As a price leader, we are always looking for ways to surprise our customers with low prices and disrupt the competition." That excerpt was taken from THIS news article. T
he article also went on to state, "
When Apple first launched the 5c last month many analysts criticized the company for not pricing the phone lower. Those complaints now seem to have been answered." What else do you need?​

This is what I read this morning.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57607078-37/target-to-trim-price-of-iphone-5c-to-$49/

So I was thinking that maybe it was a rush to get rid of inventory since it wasn't moving fast enough.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57607078-37/target-to-trim-price-of-iphone-5c-to-$49/

So I was thinking that maybe it was a rush to get rid of inventory since it wasn't moving fast enough.

That article was way too short, and it didn't go into details about the rationale for the price cut. Anyway, thanks for sharing it...:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

CNet... the National Enquirer of Tech News sites...

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind OP, everything I see has to do with GIFT CARDS being thrown in with the purchase, not an actual price adjustment. Apple has not slashed the price at all, probably because they're selling just fine. Come troll when APPLE actually adjusts the price.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind OP, everything I see has to do with GIFT CARDS being thrown in with the purchase, not an actual price adjustment. Apple has not slashed the price at all, probably because they're selling just fine. Come troll when APPLE actually adjusts the price.

Many of these costs are only available with an older device trade in as well.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I've read reports where the iPhone 5C has been reduced to about HALF of what it was initially being offered for less than a month ago. Isn't this a sign that the 5C series isn't the big splash Apple anticipated. Will they spin this to say otherwise? What are your thoughts? Oh and the word should have read "Slashed"- I typed too fast. lol

Various retailers slash the price all the time. It's still the same price direct from Apple. Third parties can price it however they want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods