5 Days in

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
And not looking back Having skipped any of the Face ID phones until now ( maybe I feel ugly?) I must say that Face ( other than mask issues) is slick. It's instant and 'almost' works in the dark ie a bedside tiny night-light is sufficient. Price & availability issues not withstanding, it's the better mousetrap and hopefully the stock situation here in the Caribbean ( both devices & accessories such as cases and chargers) can only improve with time. And I fully realize that in a 'covid hobbled culture', some of the stumbling blocks are beyond local control🤨 - Dmo-

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's great, sir....:)...I, too, am a fan of FaceID and my experience with it has been great to this point. Anyway, congrats on getting your new iPhone, sir.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I whined and whined and whined about the advent of Face ID! I didn't want to lose Touch ID... but now, after having used it for a couple of weeks, I can't imagine doing with out it.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I did not want Face ID, did not trust it, I still don’t trust it but it’s handy ! What I do not like is that my phone wakes up when I pick it up, obviously part of Face ID’s requirements. So you put your phone down, having hit the sleep button, then you pick it up and put it in your pocket and it goes on again,so you hit the sleep button again, you stop,sit down, take your phone out to put it on the table, the damn phone’s on again ! You are in a situation where your phone is colluding in wasting power from it’s already inadequate battery, constantly !
Several times I have looked down at my shirt pocket and the phone I put in sleep a few minutes ago is awake again, and that my friends, to use a far too mild phrase ”gets up my nose” !!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Face ID is the best as far as I am concerned it never fails and it’s on spot just wish android devices would get the same to work as well.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I did not want Face ID, did not trust it, I still don’t trust it but it’s handy ! What I do not like is that my phone wakes up when I pick it up, obviously part of Face ID’s requirements. So you put your phone down, having hit the sleep button, then you pick it up and put it in your pocket and it goes on again,so you hit the sleep button again, you stop,sit down, take your phone out to put it on the table, the damn phone’s on again ! You are in a situation where your phone is colluding in wasting power from it’s already inadequate battery, constantly !
Several times I have looked down at my shirt pocket and the phone I put in sleep a few minutes ago is awake again, and that my friends, to use a far too mild phrase ”gets up my nose” !!

So disable it. Unlock your iPhone, tap the Settings app on the Home screen, select Display & Brightness and tap the slider beside Raise to Wake to disable the feature.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
So disable it. Unlock your iPhone, tap the Settings app on the Home screen, select Display & Brightness and tap the slider beside Raise to Wake to disable the feature.

Will doing that keep FaceID active? Or is Raise to Wake required to be on to use it?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Along with other out there, I was skeptical about Face ID in the beginning, not now after using it for a while, I wouldn’t use anything else.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I was also hesitant about Face ID when I switched to the Xs Max from my 7 Plus and now I love it, however during this past year Touch ID would have definitely came in handy when I was wearing my safety Covid-19 mask.

I really hope that the next latest and greatest iPhone has both Face and Touch ID as rumored.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Just tested it. Disabling Raise to Wake does just that; disables that feature. Face ID still works......but you have to wake the screen first. :)

thanks,I thought Face ID required that feature. You know I must have had RTW disabled at one time,because I remember having to tap the screen to wake it,must have been one of those update turn ons I missed !

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
it's the tap to wake feature that drives me mad, because it turns the screen on almost every time when I pick it up and just slightly tap the screen somewhere.
I know this can be turned off, but then I'll have to push the sleep/power button whenever I want to do something with it.
I've been proposing to Apple (many times, via the feedback site) to slightly modify this feature, eg to make it "double tap to wake" instead - like it's available on certain Android phones since quite a while and performing smoothly. Of course never a reaction (too androidish feature?). So I'm afraid I'll have to continue to get annoyed by the screen turning on all the time on my iPhones, as the alternative is to constantly having to push the sleep button, which ain't nice either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151