4/4s screen...do I need a screen protector?

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
does the 4s have the same glass as the 4? My girlfriends 4 is scratched from normal use, so if it is the same, I want a protector for my 4s

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Two words:
Martin Fields

martinfields.com/US/MFOP-iPhone4

I had one of these on my original Blackberry 9000 and it was awesome! crystal clear and tough as nails... this will be my screen protector of choice once I do get the I4s.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am moving from an EVO 4G to the 4S and was wondering if I should get/use a screen protector? The EVO's Gorilla Glass screen didn't need one, after one year of abuse there isn't a mark on it (other than fingerprints). Any iphone 4 owners have an opinion that could help? Anyone know what the 4s screen is made out of?
Personal call no matter what device you're talking about. Even Gorilla Glass isn't unscratchable -- it's just scratch resistant.

Personally I have never needed one, you can take your keys and run them across the screen of the device.
Of course -- keys aren't harder than glass and won't scratch it. Not sure why people seem to think that keys are the end-all-be-all scratch test.

If you get something that sticks up a few centimeters above the screen around the edges you'll be fine.
Not necessarily. Sand is harder than glass and will scratch. A ridge won't help prevent that.

Be very careful making broad, sweeping generalization based on your own anecdotal evidence. Just because you haven't scratched your screen doesn't mean that it's impossible.

Last edited:

Hawk7883

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have never had my ghost armor screen protector shift or wrinkle. The issue is you get a fog like effect for the first 48-72 hours and then that completely disappears and you can't even tell it's there. When you first feel it, it may not seems quite as sturdy as invis-shield but it's just as protective. I peeled off my ghost armor this morning after 1.5 years of having it on and the screen is perfection.

You can easily get it online for the same price as invis-shield with a lifetime warranty as well. Or you can get it at any kiosk near your location. Go on their main website and see if there is something near you! They're having a sale for 9.99 for iPhone 4S protectors online, but I'd rather go and have someone do it for me in person.

Just had the Ghost Armor full body protection put on my 4s. Looks great after only 24 hrs. Gonna have it put on my ipad2 also :)

Hawk7883

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Personal call no matter what device you're talking about. Even Gorilla Glass isn't unscratchable -- it's just scratch resistant.

Of course -- keys aren't harder than glass and won't scratch it. Not sure why people seem to think that keys are the end-all-be-all scratch test.

Not necessarily. Sand is harder than glass and will scratch. A ridge won't help prevent that.

Be very careful making broad, sweeping generalization based on your own anecdotal evidence. Just because you haven't scratched your screen doesn't mean that it's impossible.

Metal keys aren't harder than glass ? News to me. :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2