3rd Gen Apple TV Video Output Question

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an older Sharp Flat Screen TV with 2 HDMI Outputs...I noticed 2 days ago that the Video Output of my U Verse signal was 1080, but the Apple TV was 720. I switched the cables, and everything remained the same..So it is not the HDMI slot with the problem, I bought a new HDMI cable for The Apple TV and the Output continues to be 720.

In looking at the Apple TV Menu I tried forcing the 1080 setting from Auto to Manual, but I get an error and ultimately the unit resets to the lower 720.

I also have a slightly older same Apple Box Generation in the Living room, and there, both the Apple TV Box and U Verse broadcast in 1080.

Any Clues ???

Txs :redface:

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
kch50428 ....Just one question before I do that...Right now I am connected on the Home wi-fi Network and I can hear music that I have bought on iTunes on the TV in question, wont that be enough? I am kind of dense on this.

And I suposse if I manually need to connect the Apple TV Box to my Windows Lap Top, the Little Black Box would need to be on ??

What connection would I need to use for this restore ???

Txs again.

Last edited:

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
kch50428:

Thanxs for both links, I will do the restore right where the unit is later on today. And since I have 2 sets and possibly a 3rd one real soon, I found a Micro USB cable to regular USB on line for under $4.00 which I bought just in case in the future I might need one and I wont have to go out and pay a TON of money for one at The Apple Store.

GrassyAss again amigo (A) ...

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The Apple TV Restore went on for over 2 hrs, and when all was said and done, unfortunately. the lines did not change from the 720 to 1080.

So....with that in mind...when I get in the mail the Micro USB I will try the restore directly to the iTunes in my Laptop.

Txs again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad