3GS Otterbox Defender Series Case Updated

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!

Coming from a BB Bold 9000, I decided to buy 32GB 3GS. Having an Otterbox Defender series case on the bold its entire life, I went out and bought one for the 3GS.

After some time using it, I noticed the case is not as good as the bold case, as its easy to knock out of its holster, and other things.

I emailed Otterbox with a question asking if they sold a different holster for the 3GS, and they responded telling me that they've updated the case to be more secure, with having a slip in slip out style holster like the BB Bold.

Also, they're sending me one for free, I don't know why as I did tell them I was willing to pay for it, but they insisted it as a gift.

Just thought I'd let everyone know :)

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i just submitted my information. i wonder what the difference in the holster is? i just got mine 2 days ago, so i doubt that its the new one, but maybe...

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:

I just received the new holster - and first impressions were disappointing!

It looks EXACTLY the same, abit from a factory pattern of the Otterbox logo on the inside of the holster (where the phone screen is facing when holstered). However, when I clipped the phone into the holster, I must say one thing..

WOW

It is at least 3 times more secure. It actually takes serious effort (but not too much effort that its annoying) to remove from the case, good for bumps and accidental hits.

Amazing now, so much better than the previous version!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janinv23