3GS Charging question

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
first off I apologize if this is a repeat topic, but i haven't been able to find any information about this.

when i charge my 3gs with the charger provided with the phone, i never get any usage time thats found in the settings, it just gives me a blank in the usage and standby areas. when i use the charger provided with my 2g (with the fold down prongs), after a full charge that usage time appears.

is anyone else having this problem, should i take my 3gs to the apple store?

thanks for your help

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question. After you charge your phone to 100% the usage time will be blank. After you have used it for 1 minute you will have 1 minutes usage. And standby should start beginning to accumulate as well, until either you charge to 100% again, or you reset your phone. If you preform a hard reset the usage times will remain blank until you charge to 100% again.

If your phone is not doing this...yes I would take the phone and the charger to the apple store. FWIW I do not believe you are supposed to charge your 3GS phone with the charger that came with the original iPhone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My original iPhone did that. Apple replaced it.

Edit - Also, it is fine to charge your iPhone with that adapter. I use one from a 4G iPod all the time and only use the really small one for travel.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question. After you charge your phone to 100% the usage time will be blank. After you have used it for 1 minute you will have 1 minutes usage. And standby should start beginning to accumulate as well, until either you charge to 100% again, or you reset your phone. If you preform a hard reset the usage times will remain blank until you charge to 100% again.

If your phone is not doing this...yes I would take the phone and the charger to the apple store. FWIW I do not believe you are supposed to charge your 3GS phone with the charger that came with the original iPhone.

to clear it up.....

after i charge the iphone 100% with the provided charger, the time never accumulates, even after 2 hours of use, or 10 hours of standby. It just leaves me with blanks. however, when i use the older chager, everything is back to normal.

i think i'll just make a trip to the apple store... just seems like this shouldn't be happening

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2