3gs 6.1.3 / 5.13.04 screen semi-freeze

doclomlom

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I have a 3gs jailbroken with redsnow 9.15b3, on 6.1.3 and 5.13.04 and unlocked with ultrasnow. It seems to jailbreak ok, works for a bit (maybe a day or two; other times only a minute) but then, upon hitting the home button, the screen will dim a bit and become inactive. If I power off, the 'slide to power off' and 'cancel' buttons work, but all other screen buttons are frozen out. When I 'just boot', it solves the problem until I hit the home button again; if I re-install everything, same problem. If I power off and on again without the tethered reboot, all works fine (but the jailbreak of course!) - the screen brightens up and all is ok. It only happens when the jailbreak is applied. Any help would be appreciated!! Manufacture date is 29th week of 2010.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say it, but maybe you need to give up the jailbreak!

Or maybe, he should check out what tweaks he has going on that might be influencing this. If that were something that would warrant "[giving] up the jailbreak" it would be a fundamental flaw in the jailbreak. You know this isn't the case because it's not the common experience.

doclomlom

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping not to abandon the jb because I need the unlock! I have restored the phone to factory settings and re-done the jb and for now it's good - but I know its just a matter of time. I have nothing else installed other than whatever cydia does with ultrasnow.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure on your financial situation, nor your desire to own a 3gs, but have you ever considered upgrading to even a 4s to get a bit more speed and updated technology? I know even with my old iPhone 4 when I updated to 6.1.3 it didn't really have the driving power to keep things running smooth, and would often freeze, and act up in some of the ways that you are describing. just some food for thought maybe sell the 3gs and get some money out of it before it becomes next to worthless.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping not to abandon the jb because I need the unlock! I have restored the phone to factory settings and re-done the jb and for now it's good - but I know its just a matter of time. I have nothing else installed other than whatever cydia does with ultrasnow.

You could slowly and methodically start re doing the tweeks until you find the culprit, then factory it again, and add everything else back BUT the bad tweek.