3g Not Showing

Matthew Dewey

May 10, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3G and 3G does not show at the top of the screen.

- I have enabled 3G on the phone
- I live in an area where my provider has 3G coverage
- I have downloaded the latest updates

:confused:My question is whether the iPhone will still be on the 3G network if this symbol is not showing, or whether I will need to do a reset on the phone.:confused:

Cheers,

M

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
What's there instead? The Edge symbol? My guess would be that you actually don't have 3G coverage. Do you know anyone else with an iPhone (or any phone that can access 3G) to compare if both phones don't indicate 3G?

Matthew Dewey

May 10, 2009
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone and her's is showing the 3G symbol. There is no symbol at all which at a guess could point to a GPRS issue (i.e. with my carrier) rather than with the phone itself. I did have a problem with data charges (on a no-data plan) on a previous 3G device and I contacted them at that point - so maybe they blocked GPRS.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hmm. Yeah, that's strange. Other than doing a full restore, I don't have any ideas. If you suspect your carrier, I'd give them a call. So you don't have any reception then?

CarlyLyon

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
i think your iphone isnt turned on to receive 3g i would call att first and see if they can fix the problem it might be a problem with the phone.. where in that case you need to make an appointment with an apple store "genius" and they may be able to replace your phone for u

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73