3G iPhone... What if?

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
June 9th, 2008. The fated and anticipated day of Apple's next WWDC. During the event will be a keynote presentation commanded by Stevie J. himself. Something big is happening, right?

Yup, no doubt about it. Stevie "Wonder" Jobs doesn't do presentations personally unless they are to share something big, so there is something big happening — no question.

What if it isn't the 3G iPhone though?

If you are like me, you are counting the days until the presentation with childlike enthusiasm. You are literally checking the blog scene daily for the next bit of "iPhone: The Second Coming," information in hopes that some kind of CONCRETE news, or spec sheets, roll down the pike. You are also keeping a reserved thought buried deep in the back of your mind. A thought that you don't want to utter, for fear that it may happen. The thought that asks; "What if the big announcement isn't a new iPhone?"

Well, in hopes of sparking a life giving conversation in this slow to move forum, I have let the question loose.

What if it isn't the 3G iPhone? What if it is something else, equally big, but not what we all want it to be? If not that, what if it —this could potentially be worse— is the 3G iPhone announcement, but it carries a release date of August, September, maybe even October?

So, what do you think? How will you take it? Will it cause you to think about moving on to a different device, or will you happily wait? Etc, etc...

Last edited:

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
All indications point to a mid-late June release for a 3G iPhone. Not being available to purchase, AT&T workers asked to not take vacations from 6/15 to 7/12, more countries saying they'll support the iPhone (only carry 3G phones) etc.

It's coming.

If by some chance it doesn't, the internets will weep.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
All indications point to a mid-late June release for a 3G iPhone. Not being available to purchase, AT&T workers asked to not take vacations from 6/15 to 7/12, more countries saying they'll support the iPhone (only carry 3G phones) etc.

It's coming.

If by some chance it doesn't, the internets will weep.

Yes, yes they do. My better judgement also tells me that this thought is an unrealistic one that more than likely won't come true. This is more of a speculative, "what if," type of thread though...

(I am honestly bored and I really would just like to see a bit more activity on this forum...)

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Yes, yes they do. My better judgement also tells me that this thought is an unrealistic one that more than likely won't come true. This is more of a speculative, "what if," type of thread though...

(I am honestly bored and I really would just like to see a bit more activity on this forum...)

Yeah it's kind of dead around here.

I'm curious what the "One more thing..." will be this year. :D

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
What could the one more thing be? Could it be iPhone related? Maybe the cheaper iPhone rumor has to do with a iPhone nano? This is more of a pipe dream.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Ahh... the lovely "one more thing."

If nothing else, I have to hand it to Jobs and company for incredible marketing and hype creation. Not only do they make great products, but they actual make you want to own them.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Ahh... the lovely "one more thing."

If nothing else, I have to hand it to Jobs and company for incredible marketing and hype creation. Not only do they make great products, but they actual make you want to own them.

Now's the time to buy stock!

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Now's the time to buy stock!

Don't even get me started on that one... I wanted to buy a handful of shares back when it dipped to the low 120s a few months ago.... My wife said no and that she didn't think it was a good time to take such a chance.

I knew better, and now I am kicking myself for not doing it anyway...

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Don't even get me started on that one... I wanted to buy a handful of shares back when it dipped to the low 120s a few months ago.... My wife said no and that she didn't think it was a good time to take such a chance.

I knew better, and now I am kicking myself for not doing it anyway...

I wish I had the money to do so!
I was telling everyone "Watch it's going to go back up to 200 points in a few months". And we're right on track at 186.10 today.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
On a side note, I wonder who the musical guest will be this year. Coldplay would be nice, considering the iPod commercial and such. Their tour doesn't start until mid June.

Too bad John Mayer will be in New York on his summer tour!

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Newton 2?

Maybe it will be the Newton 2? or a mac tablet with SSD (which would be very cool as well)? Seriously though, I think the odds are stacked pretty heavily in favor of an iphone update. The real question is what will be the next killer device / hardware from Apple? I have an Apple TV and think it's potential is incredible if they can get more TV shows and movies loaded up (with quicker downloads for HD content).

TheCool

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
I heard they shut down the apple store in NYC to shoot a commerical there. And that they currently hiring greeters at all Apple stores. Go figure?:cool:

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Actually not a bad idea. If you crudely segment the phone market there are smartphones and other (much) smaller phones that are better suited to calling and SMS than web browsing and full-length emails. A low-end phone with a much smaller form factor, traditional keypad and crisp display would probably sell like gangbusters. iPhone nano? Maybe.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
speaking of wwdc and steves keynote does apple post it live for streaming download or are we going to have to wait to download it and read blogs of people live blogging it?

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I think they stream it. Don't quote me on it though, because I don't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that even if it isn't streamed, it will be posted in video form later that day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh