32gb vs 128gb speeds

pursuit2550

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I read an article about the 32 being slower than the 128. I am sure most have read it so explain to me what the results mean for your average day user. I just call, text, email, maps, social media, and spotify. I dont really play any games. If I do its for short while. Will this be a concern for me. I am coming from a Nexus 5X. My wife has a 6S 64gb, so can you compare the speed to that one.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It really means nothing for the daily user.... the only time it would have any effect is if you're about totally out of space an storage. No one will notice anything in normal day-2-day usage. Can't really compare speeds as the test you're referring two was specific to a single task. Since the processor and graphics super fast.. the minor results mean about nothing for any normal user.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
You won't notice a difference. What they found is that the 32GB version stores everything on a single chip. By contrast, the 128GB version has 4 (if I recall correctly) chips where data is stored. Because the 128GB version stores things on 4 chips, it can write to all 4 chips simultaneously, making it marginally faster. One way to think of it is like a highway; a four lane highway can handle traffic roughly 4x faster than a highway with only a single lane.

So the 128GB is a bit faster, at least when processing large amounts of information, but likely not enough faster that you would notice a difference in everyday use.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I believe you will marginally notice it if you have both side by side and install a big game or something like that but we are talking about a second or two, tops.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I read an article about the 32 being slower than the 128. I am sure most have read it so explain to me what the results mean for your average day user. I just call, text, email, maps, social media, and spotify. I dont really play any games. If I do its for short while. Will this be a concern for me. I am coming from a Nexus 5X. My wife has a 6S 64gb, so can you compare the speed to that one.
Only synthetic benchmarks could highlight that difference. Buy the model that fit your needs

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW