24 hours without a phone? (Sun 5/14/17)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think you quest is a noble one... and there are merits to it. I could say that I would try, but I know right now, I wouldn't be successful! BUT! I think that I will make a concerted effort to no use my phone (unless for pictures), while with family.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I will spend the day with my wife and kids for sure. My mother passed almost 7 years ago. I will also be thinking of her as I do everyday.

I will have my iPhone and Apple Watch with me though. We will have an active day so I won't miss closing my rings and maybe earn that special achievement. I will use my iPhone to take pictures/video more than anything. I am on this forum more than any social media app any day of the week.

Phone or no phone, enjoy they day. Especially if you still have your mother. Cherish everyday you have with her.

brau0303

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
Funny how we have come to depend on out tech, personal, professional, business, look at how a retail store like stops dead if the power is out..
I would find it really hard to be without a phone for 24hrs but it could be done...
Nah.. nevermind..

Cheers,
BR

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Funny how we have come to depend on out tech, personal, professional, business, look at how a retail store like stops dead if the power is out..
I would find it really hard to be without a phone for 24hrs but it could be done...
Nah.. nevermind..

Cheers,
BR
Funny you say that because back in 2003 when the eastern seaboard was without power during the blackout ...there was my wife and I pinning messages back and forth on our blackberries. Although it must be noted that there must have been a window in there where we shut it down as our first child was conceived that night :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Come on guys! 1 day, for your mom, or your wife, or maybe your daughter is a mom? We can do this! Or ladies maybe you ARE a mom? 1 day without our tech!
I can't get my wife or mom off of their phone. They are both worse than me

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Probably if I am just staying at home and doing pretty much something else other than playing the phone. I guess I could...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Good for you!!! I was wondering how you did!

Spent the lion's share of the day with Mom and the rest of my extended family, before relaxing at home and catching up on my DVR'd shows. I will admit at 10pm at the 24 hour mark I was RIGHT on my Mac checking the internet, email, slack, etc. lol I AM still an addict.

indoctrahol

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Seems like something I could try out this Saturday. It would be a good break, though I don't have Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.

The only thing is music. So I guess I can go analog on that one.

Rowanova

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
One of the greatest reliefs is to leave town (actual or not) and forget about the phone and internet fir a few days away. Awesome stress relief and renewed peace of mind.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think I might start with 1 tech free day a month, and then try to expand it to 1 per week! Maybe make it Sundays. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
@pkcable , during my school holiday, I'll select 1 day and see how long I can last without technology. I've definitely noticed that my family spend a lot of time on their phones or laptops when it's supposed to be 'family time'. Maybe the whole family can participate. 😃

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro