24 hours without a phone? (Sun 5/14/17)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Can you do it? Can you go 24 hours with out a device? 24 hours without your iPhone, Android, iPad, other tablet, PC, Mac, etc? I'm going to try this on Saturday, ONLY because I would otherwise be forced to use a PC at work during the week. BUT this saturday, no WAIT make it, this SUNDAY, mother's day. I will go 24 hours without electronic devices.

Who's with me? Who else can do it? Lets spend time with our mothers IF we still have them. OR think about them if we don't AND/OR spend time with our children or other family. We can do it! Lets go a day without being tethered to our phone!

Rich

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Come on guys! 1 day, for your mom, or your wife, or maybe your daughter is a mom? We can do this! Or ladies maybe you ARE a mom? 1 day without our tech!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I literally can't during the week due to my job. That being said, we often have tech free days at home on the weekends but the iPhone still comes out here once the kids are asleep.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had times when my phone was being repaired or the internet was down and I have to say it was a liberating experience. The impulse to keep reaching for your phone and scroll through social media is not healthy!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I get way too many texts & calls, both personal and business related, to go 24 hours without my iPhone. You'd have to put me in a straight jacket before the 24 hours are up....(laughing)...Having said that, there are times when I can do it, but unfortunately, now is not that time...

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
NOPE. Can't and ain't going to happen. I'm at the age that these boxes give ma a social life and contact with the outside world. Wait; "contact with the outside world". Maybe I should reconsider. LOL

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Looking back now, I don't know how I did it but in 2009 (yes long time ago) I went on a 3 week hike through mountain ranges with a group of 10 people. All we had was 1 satellite phone.

Fast forward to 2017, I know I could do it but why lol technology is awesome 😃

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's not a good idea, Rich! iMore would become a ghost forum for 24 hours if everyone abstained for the time. Who would greet new people and answer questions? Maybe we could make it a 3 day affair and split up into 3 groups. That way at least ⅔ of us would be here on any given day. Just Sayin'!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This lady here say no. You enjoy yourself, PK! I'm gonna take a nap and let hubby and kids clean the house for me and then I'll read a book on my iPad.