2017 MacBook Pro Touchbar loses internet connectivity once Safari is opened

I

iMore Question

Hello,

I have this weird thing happening and I cannot figure it out. When I try to use my MacBook Pro, it will lose internet connectivity if I try to browse in Safari. Interestingly if I use chrome, email, messages, etc, everything works as it should as long as I never touched Safari on a fresh reboot. Once I click on Safari and start browsing, the internet connection stalls in about 5 min. When I say stall I mean that it still looks like I am connected to the internet but nothing works that requires a connection.

If I try to change wifi sources such as hotspotting my iPad or phone, going to my work connection, it still does not work. Force quitting Safari does not work. I ran a time machine recovery that took it back to when I think is before this started to no avail. The only way to fix it is to reboot. I tried turning on/off the wifi. I also noted that it does not do this behavior if I boot into safe mode.

Thoughts?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the preference list files for Safari.

They are located in ~Library/Preferences/

I'd first remove them from the "Preferences" folder. Drag them to your desktop for easy access. Then restart and try again. If it clears the issue and you don't notice any additional issues, delete those files.

They are recreated so there wouldn't be a need to restore them unless you notice some out of wack behavior.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW