2016 rMB or 2015 rMBP

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What are the advantages of the 2016 rMB and the advantages of the rMBP. I'm a student so I really couldn't care less about video editing, both say 10 hours of battery life, is that true or does one edge out on battery life?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The 2016 model is simply newer, and arguably, the beginning of the future of MacBooks in regard to connectivity. If it were me, I'd choose the MBP because of it available ports and increased power.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The 2016 model is simply newer, and arguably, the beginning of the future of MacBooks in regard to connectivity. If it were me, I'd choose the MBP because of it available ports and increased power.

Another question, should I wait until the new MBP or buy this one? It's gonna last me 6+ years and the new one may be more durable, I don't know can the 2015 model last that long?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Another question, should I wait until the new MBP or buy this one? It's gonna last me 6+ years and the new one may be more durable, I don't know can the 2015 model last that long?
I'm a fan of get what you need now, especially with technology. If you wait to get the next version, just know that in less than a year, it won't be the newest device anymore. My early 2009 model MacBook, still works (though barely - Display is friend) and is currently running OS X El Capitan. Having said that, I'm sure a 2015 MBP will last just as long.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm a fan of get what you need now, especially with technology. If you wait to get the next version, just know that in less than a year, it won't be the newest device anymore. My early 2009 model MacBook, still works (though barely - Display is friend) and is currently running OS X El Capitan. Having said that, I'm sure a 2015 MBP will last just as long.

It pains me to have to buy a product when the next model is gonna come out in a month, and this is such an important purchase but I have no choice since I'm leaving my country.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73