2 Week In and Still In Love

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Two weeks in with the iPhone X and still head over heels in love with this device. I came from an iPhone 7 Plus (also have a Note 8) and find the size of the iPhone X to be perfect. It’s very hand and pocket friendly.

I find the gestures are now very intuitive and work really well for a good user experience. The notch doesn’t bother me and the screen is just fantastic. And so is the camera. I don’t even use my Note 8 anymore.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That’s good to know, and like you, I’m still enjoying my iPhone X after having it for 2 weeks...

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought I wasn’t happy so I picked up an 8plus, after literally 5 hours with the 8plus I packaged it back up and took it back to apple.

The X is staying and I am loving it. Just took some reassuring.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Have had mine since launch day and it’s officially my daily driver. The more I use it, the better I like it. Gestures are here to stay and bye bye home button.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
To me, the best way I can describe the X is the design Steve most likely would have wanted.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Two weeks in with the iPhone X and still head over heels in love with this device. I came from an iPhone 7 Plus (also have a Note 8) and find the size of the iPhone X to be perfect. It’s very hand and pocket friendly.

I find the gestures are now very intuitive and work really well for a good user experience. The notch doesn’t bother me and the screen is just fantastic. And so is the camera. I don’t even use my Note 8 anymore.

I'll echo this. I went from a 6s to an 8 Plus for a week before the X showed up in the store ... happy to have it, and the gestures are 2nd nature by now. Using a device with a home button is so 2007. ;)

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I think I've finally adjusted to the size differences in phone and display coming from the Plus series phones and this is perfect. It gets me back to the physical phone size I liked without the tradeoff of "losing" screen real estate vs. when I came to Apple from Android.

Even though I've had buttonless (virtual buttons) before on Android with a Galaxy Nexus and 2014 Moto X, and prefer that over the physical button like earlier phones or older Samsung stuff, I've never had a true gesture based OS before so I wasn't sure how that was going to go. After two weeks I'm sold. It's just fluid and natural like 95% of the time. Now the app devs just need to catch up on designing for the X.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I’m loving mine part way into week 2. And this is after I hated on it following the keynote. I was so mad about losing the home button that the thought of the iPhone X just made me mad. Tried it on a whim after reading some reviews and finding one at the Apple store and fell in love with Face ID and gestures. Don’t miss my beloved home button at all.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Every time I use my iP X it just amazes me how different it is from my old iPhone 7. I used Apple Pay again today at the supermarket and my transaction was complete in a blink of an eye. Now as long as Apple doesn’t screw things up in an attempt to improve the operation it will be nice.

I had problems with my iPhone 5S when Apple changed something with the Touch ID and I would have to re-set my prints about once a week. Then finally Apple went back to the original algorithm and I didn’t have any more problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods