2 phones on CarPlay - 1 on normal use + 1 on calls only (private+work)

vileliv

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
Is it possible to have two phones connected to the CarPlay system at same time?
I mean, I have my private phone connected Carplay for normal use, maps, music, phone, text and more, but want to find a solution so my work phone is connected at the same time only for handsfree calls via Bluetooth, USB cable or some thing else... ?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I mean, I have my private phone connected Carplay for normal use, maps, music, phone, text and more, but want to find a solution so my work phone is connected at the same time only for handsfree calls via Bluetooth, USB cable or some thing else... ?

Hello and welcome to iMore. I use CarPlay and unfortunately, I don't know of a way to use two phones at the same time. That doesn't necessarily mean it's not possible, and I will follow this thread with interest.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No. To my knowledge and experience, two phones cannot be used with CarPlay simultaneously.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, two devices can’t use CarPlay simultaneously.

This said, it might be possible—depending on your car’s features and CarPlay implementation, to use CarPlay on one phone, and have the other phone connected to hands-free Bluetooth (without CarPlay). Note, doing so might require to use wired CarPlay.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
In my experience, two devices can’t use CarPlay simultaneously.

This said, it might be possible—depending on your car’s features and CarPlay implementation, to use CarPlay on one phone, and have the other phone connected to hands-free Bluetooth (without CarPlay). Note, doing so might require to use wired CarPlay.

This idea is sound but unfortunately I don’t have two devices to test with.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I tried 2 mobile devices connected to my car (Volkswagen Jetta 2021).

I was able to keep wireless CarPlay connected, while connecting the secondary device using Bluetooth. Since I don’t have a second line, I couldn’t fully test features. I was able to initiate a call, which would suspend CarPlay playback.

So this might possibly work.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I was able to keep wireless CarPlay connected, while connecting the secondary device using Bluetooth. Since I don’t have a second line, I couldn’t fully test features. I was able to initiate a call, which would suspend CarPlay playback.

Nice, thanks for the feedback.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm so glad that you have a solution of sorts!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods