2.1 IPhone upgrade - How is it working for you?

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I downloaded 2.1, but backing up my phone is taking FOREVER. It's been about 30-40 minutes and the backup is only about 10% complete. I hope things go faster after the update because this is crap!

Sircedjr

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i have yet to fully download the update...i was up early thos mornign to do it..and it has crashed twice..sayign the server has timed out....i took off of class becuz my phoen started to mess up..ARGHHHHH..i am excited tho..cant wait to see all these features you guys are talking about...

spiVeyx

Aug 1, 2004
Visit site
Safari seems to be running a LOT better for me. I've done quite a bit of browsing this morning and no crashes. Pages also seem to load a bit faster.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I downloaded 2.1, but backing up my phone is taking FOREVER. It's been about 30-40 minutes and the backup is only about 10% complete. I hope things go faster after the update because this is crap!
Ironic that those who need it most have to wait the longest :(

fpugirl

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

My phone has been backing up for almost 2 hours now, and I only have 540 MB of data on it right now. I sure hope this update cuts that down SIGNIFICANTLY!:cool:

jwriherd

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I updated mine it's working good so far, not sure how the Genius is supposed to work, i have made playlists already and synced them but it thought this would allow us to do it within the phone, anyone know whatsup? I know it's early but anyone see a better battery life, my bar has gone down but i have been on it a lot do i dont't know yet

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I updated mine it's working good so far, not sure how the Genius is supposed to work, i have made playlists already and synced them but it thought this would allow us to do it within the phone, anyone know whatsup? I know it's early but anyone see a better battery life, my bar has gone down but i have been on it a lot do i dont't know yet

Sync again with iTunes... it should show up. At first it did not show up for me either. Another sync and it showed.

ljbyar

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hello everyone. Newbie to this forum.

I just upgraded to 2.1 and I'm not seeing the Genius option as you describe above. Hmmmm. Can anyone help? TIA

copeling

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
no Wifi

I can only connect via 3G, my Wifi is connecting to my router, but 3G is displayed and I can't download from the App Store because it is telling me the app is >10mb and I need a Wifi connection.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I can only connect via 3G, my Wifi is connecting to my router, but 3G is displayed and I can't download from the App Store because it is telling me the app is >10mb and I need a Wifi connection.

Try hitting "forget this network" button and add your WiFi connection again.

GProbst

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Update went Great!

Update installed with no problems.

Did not perform an auto backup like the 2.0.2 did.?.?.

And.... Wow. All I can say is WoW!

My backups went from an hour and a half to now just 15 seconds!!!!!

Wow........

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner