1st year I never wanted to upgrade my iPhone.... :-(

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Ordered at 8am launch day. Cancelled 3 hours later. Holding on to my XS. First year not upgrading in over a decade. IMG_8851.JPG

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone XS and for most people there won’t be a need to upgrade and trust me I originally had no plans to upgrade. But I decided to get the 11 Pro Max for the following reasons

1. The trade in offer is appealing ( 500 for an XS). So technically, an Pro Max would only cost me like 823. Which is expensive but not 1,400 dollar expensive you know? 😂

2. The battery life is terrible on my XS. Had the phone for just about a year and the battery health is down to 88%. Also, it never lasts me the entire day.

3. I miss having a bigger screen for texting, web browsing, mobile games, and YouTube and Netflix watching. This 5.8 inch screen ain’t cutting.

4. I am a freelance photographer and videographer and the cameras on the pro have me interested. I did gigs on my previous iPhones and no one noticed the difference at times ha.

5. As far as I can tell this phone has all the features I would want on a smart phone for the foreseeable future ( for my personal needs at least) so this would be the last iPhone upgrade I do for at least 3 years. Getting me to upgrade before then would have to be something way beyond a bigger screen or cameras lol.

But I totally understand why others aren’t hyped about upgrading. But it’s kinda been like that for a while with iPhone upgrades.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I mean there really hasn't ever been a reason to upgrade every year in most cases. I have a iPhone 6s plus and it's still amazing. I also have a note 8 and I bought it on release day. It's been amazing for an Android and I really have no need to upgrade to the pro max but I just want to and my mom is going to need to get a new phone. She's never had a phone and Verizon barely picks up 3G where she lives. I'll give her the note 8 or the 6s plus and get me the Max.

Back in the day the performance upgrades were enough to warrant an upgrade for me. But now the hardware has surpassed the software so performance isn't s bug factor but Apple needs to make multi tasking a bigger deal and maybe even lower the prices even further.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I mean there really hasn't ever been a reason to upgrade every year in most cases. I have a iPhone 6s plus and it's still amazing. I also have a note 8 and I bought it on release day. It's been amazing for an Android and I really have no need to upgrade to the pro max but I just want to and my mom is going to need to get a new phone. She's never had a phone and Verizon barely picks up 3G where she lives. I'll give her the note 8 or the 6s plus and get me the Max.

Back in the day the performance upgrades were enough to warrant an upgrade for me. But now the hardware has surpassed the software so performance isn't s bug factor but Apple needs to make multi tasking a bigger deal and maybe even lower the prices even further.

Yea I first got an iPhone in 2008 with the iPhone 3GS and upgraded every two years since then ( back when you got iPhones cheaper if you signed a new two year contract with your cell provider). This would be the first time I ever upgraded back to back and will be the last until 2022 or 2023.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Exactly how I feel. I really want to just because it’s the new iPhone. I just can’t justify it because i picked up my X🅂 max a few months ago. Plus, I’m anticipating what the 2020 model will look like.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have never upgraded a year old phone. I still see no reason to. Wait an extra year and then you’ll see I’m sure. Even then it’s not necessary in my opinion, but I usually do because my contract runs out. If it didn’t, I wouldn’t.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I have never upgraded a year old phone. I still see no reason to. Wait an extra year and then you’ll see I’m sure. Even then it’s not necessary in my opinion, but I usually do because my contract runs out. If it didn’t, I wouldn’t.

I feel it’s difficult to justify incremental changes year to year. If you wait a couple years it seems more special.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel it’s difficult to justify incremental changes year to year. If you wait a couple years it seems more special.

True. Even though I have an XS I feel upgrading to the 11 Pro Max is decent change up for three reasons, the bigger screen, better battery life, and the cameras. I am sure next year will have those features others want like the USB C but that feature doesn't interest be all the much. So I would be good with the 11 Pro Max for 2-3 years (probably 3 to be honest).

sekelani

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Let me be honest matey, I wasn’t blown away from the iPhone 11 pro when it was announced. I had the 10s Max and was very hesitant on upgrading. I thought about it for a week and decided to upgrade for the following reason.

1. I’m a YouTuber- I used my iPhone for content creation videos editing, gaming etc.

2. The extra camera update was a warm welcome especially for content creation.

3. Every year I have a tradition on upgrading my phone and passing on the older one to family .

4. Beyond Phenomenal life

So far having the 11 pro max had been awesome but NOT mind blowing.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn’t see any reason to upgrade either. I did however give my XS max to one of my kids and got myself the Xs because of medical reasons. Holding a large phone just wasn’t working for me anymore.

Besides I do think the 3 camera set up on the back is ugly af honestly 🤷🏻*♀️

EDIT: I exchanged my Xs for the purple 11...best decision

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien