1st Drop

ganthonyv

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got my new iPhone on Tuesday and just a couple of hours of having it my son and I went for a walk. I decided to grab my phone from my back pocket and when moving it to the front it slipped outta my hands and onto to driveway. I didn't have a case for it yet so I freaked but didn't curse cus my 4yr old was with me. I examined it and it now has a very very small chip on the left corner. No biggie it's unnoticeable to everyone else. So have u dropped your new iPhone yet?

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Glass on both sides of the ip4 would make me want to get some sort of casing around it.

Glad though you walked away with only a chip, could of been worse.

garypip

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing, switching from 1 pocket to another and dropped it right on the street. Just a nick on the stainless steel, no biggie!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I stuck mine in a case for that exact reason. Just in case I do drop it.

Yeah, I have always had a case on my iPod touch. Got the splash cruiser, which arrived Tuesday, but I sent it back Wednesday. Scratched/scuffed the back, and chewed up the screen protector. Ordered the pop! from case mate last night due to many suggestions here on the forum.

I did the same thing, switching from 1 pocket to another and dropped it right on the street. Just a nick on the stainless steel, no biggie!

I have always done that in the past. So while I am "naked" I have decided that the iPhone does not come out of the pocket over concrete/cement.

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I got my new iPhone on Tuesday and just a couple of hours of having it my son and I went for a walk. I decided to grab my phone from my back pocket and when moving it to the front it slipped outta my hands and onto to driveway. I didn't have a case for it yet so I freaked but didn't curse cus my 4yr old was with me. I examined it and it now has a very very small chip on the left corner. No biggie it's unnoticeable to everyone else. So have u dropped your new iPhone yet?

damn bro that had to hurt ur soul but i got a case for mine yesterday when i got my phone on tuesday i didnt even take it outside for the simple fact that i would of probably dropped it

ganthonyv

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
damn bro that had to hurt ur soul but i got a case for mine yesterday when i got my phone on tuesday i didnt even take it outside for the simple fact that i would of probably dropped it

Yea it hurt my soul but only for a minute then after that my son and I laughed about it...we even were making fun about it.

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine took it's first tumble today. It ejected itself off of a counter, not really sure how that happened. I was very lucky, it fell on the floor that had some half inch foam on it. But I swear my heart skipped a beat.

eatrocks

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i put a super tiny ding on the side of my iphone by the volume button on the black material trying to get it outta the crap case i got from verizon, it took me a good 5 minutes of intense prying to get it out. i just ordered the new otterbox defender

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, but after I scratched my very first Blackberry (4+ years ago), I have not owned a phone without a case.

Like...EVER. I'm not starting with the ViP4. :D

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i put a super tiny ding on the side of my iphone by the volume button on the black material trying to get it outta the crap case i got from verizon, it took me a good 5 minutes of intense prying to get it out. i just ordered the new otterbox defender

Yeah, I, too, got burned by a cheaper case. Fortunately all it did was chew up my screen and back protectors. Sent it right back and ordered the case mate pop!

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got a case for mine but I'm still afraid that one day it's going to be in my lap when i'm in my car and when it's time for me to get out, I'm going to forget it's there and it will fall to the ground. It's happened plenty of times to me before with other phones and they still managed to get some kind of scrape on them... :(

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I got Apples bumper, because I wanted something to make it less slippery, but still be able to see the majority of the phone (it is a beautiful piece of equiptment). I like it a lot so far, but I am so paranoid of dropping it. The bumper wont do much, but I also dont want a bulky tank like otterbox.