1st 1hour with my iPhone 5s 64 gig white silver

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Luckily because of time differences my experience with this phone is awesome.
I like the following:
1) the speed is amazing. It is WAY faster than the iPhone 5. No lag or stuttering. I like the way it reacts instantly.
2) finger print sensor is pretty accurate. It does take a second to respond but it works.
3) infinity blade 3 utilises the graphical performance. It looks good.
4) the camera is so cool. The burst mode, slow motion and dual flash work seamlessly. Wow I'm impressed.

Conclusion : is it worth getting the iPhone 5S if you have the iPhone 5? ABSOLUTELY.
I have no regrets. I'm happy with my purchase.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Congratulations on the purchase, you must be psyched! That the color/size I am thinking about trying to get tomorrow morning! No Apple store near me, so I will be off to AT&T. I drove by this afternoon, and there wasn't anyone in line.

Can you elaborate on the camera at all?

​Chris

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on the purchase, you must be psyched! That the color/size I am thinking about trying to get tomorrow morning! No Apple store near me, so I will be off to AT&T. I drove by this afternoon, and there wasn't anyone in line.

Can you elaborate on the camera at all?

​Chris

Hey guys. Luckily because of time differences my experience with this phone is awesome.
I like the following:
1) the speed is amazing. It is WAY faster than the iPhone 5. No lag or stuttering. I like the way it reacts instantly.
2) finger print sensor is pretty accurate. It does take a second to respond but it works.
3) infinity blade 3 utilises the graphical performance. It looks good.
4) the camera is so cool. The burst mode, slow motion and dual flash work seamlessly. Wow I'm impressed.

Conclusion : is it worth getting the iPhone 5S if you have the iPhone 5? ABSOLUTELY.
I have no regrets. I'm happy with my purchase.

Hey chris. Absolutely man I'll tell you all about the camera.
You get different modes, burst, slow motion.
Slow motion allows you to take a video and edit the video to slow, you can choose where you want it to be slow and how long.
With burst mode it can take heaps of photos at once and it chooses the best photo and sets that as the picture.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Congrats. Sounds like you are really enjoying your new 5S. Hope I can say the same thing soon.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I concur, the speed is absolutely incredible!

My iPhone 5 wasn't exactly slow but the 5s blows it out of the water. The finger print sensor is far more accurate and flawless than I was expected it to be too! I do keep swiping to unlock but i'm sure i'll soon get out of that habbit! No regrets here either

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Here are some pics
9yte4ape.jpg
that's the box.
Here Is the phone
yhe6eta4.jpg
5u5epyne.jpg
here is infinity blade 3 graphics on the iPhone 5S.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to get the 5s as soon as I break from my busy schedule to upgrade from my 3GS. Can you confirm a few things?

1. Do you really get iWork for free? If so, does it include iMovie and iPhoto. (This was one of my suggestions early on when everyone was putting their wish lists together).

2. If your fingerprint is wrong does it automatically allow you to swipe and enter the pin code

3. Any issues with old 32-bit Apps?

4. Anyway to control whether u want certain apps to auto-update and certain not to auto-update? I got iOS7 on my iPad 3 and I have yet to find that setting. I also have RR3 which I did not update and very very happy about that.

5. I have an issue with Bluetooth toggle on Control Center, it toggles it on/off once, then it shows that it's on, but no BT indicator on top right corner. Any issues with Control Center toggles.

6. Did you happen to catch how much memory out of 64GB left when new? Don't want to have Samsung S4 issue when almost half the 16GB was taken by the OS and preloaded Bloat and "features".

I had more questions to iPhone 5s specifically, but I can't remember.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get the 5s as soon as I break from my busy schedule to upgrade from my 3GS. Can you confirm a few things?

1. Do you really get iWork for free? If so, does it include iMovie and iPhoto. (This was one of my suggestions early on when everyone was putting their wish lists together).

2. If your fingerprint is wrong does it automatically allow you to swipe and enter the pin code

3. Any issues with old 32-bit Apps?

4. Anyway to control whether u want certain apps to auto-update and certain not to auto-update? I got iOS7 on my iPad 3 and I have yet to find that setting. I also have RR3 which I did not update and very very happy about that.

5. I have an issue with Bluetooth toggle on Control Center, it toggles it on/off once, then it shows that it's on, but no BT indicator on top right corner. Any issues with Control Center toggles.

6. Did you happen to catch how much memory out of 64GB left when new? Don't want to have Samsung S4 issue when almost half the 16GB was taken by the OS and preloaded Bloat and "features".

I had more questions to iPhone 5s specifically, but I can't remember.

To answer your questions.

1. Yes you get iMovie and iPhoto for free as well as a few other applications. The minute you log in to your new iPhone 5S it'll ask if you want to download those apps free.

2. Yes, you have the choice to either do the fingerprint sensor or swipe and use the code to unlock your phone.

3. I haven't noticed any issues with the 32 bit apps. I would assume there would be no issues since what's on the phone is a 64 bit which is greater. There shouldn't be room for lag on 32 bit apps.

4. As far as I know it's either or. You either can automatically update all your apps, or turn off automatic updates and just check what apps you want to manually update in the App Store.

5. As far as the Bluetooth issues. It may be a software thing that may get fixed in time. Or you can restore your phone from scratch and see if that fixes anything. A fresh restore of the new OS is always a good thing.

6. As far as the 64 gig I cannot answer that question as I have the 16 gig but when I had the 32 gig I had 27 gig left. So I would assume you'd have about 58 gigs left of the 64 gig.
Maybe a bit less.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh