1Password question

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about trying out the trial version of 1Password. I am not very familiar with these password programs. My question is, if I try it and don't like it and uninstall it, what happens to my passwords and how would I go back to my old ones?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
1Password does not change your passwords, it just stores them for you. 1Password is also not a cloud service so the App and Data are stored locally on your Mac.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a working computer, so I sync my passwords to Dropbox. The people at Agilebits are very nice and helpful. They have a forum where you can go to ask questions. I've enjoyed my 1Password app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, it seems as if Keychain would be a pretty good alternative.

Yes, if you are only concerned about web-based passwords and related information. Having said that, with an app like 1Password, you can store all sorts of data. For instance, model and serial numbers, birthdates and other personal data, alarm codes, and other non web-based information.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
1P will sync data between your devices via iCloud just set it and forget it. I use 1P to store damn near anything with a number such as serial numbers, lock combinations etc and of course passwords.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 1Password on mine and my Wife's phone. They are both set up with my master password, contain the same info, and both sync to my Dropbox account. LOL

My Wife's passwords? She only has 3. :)

6PlusManiac

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
1Password is a very good app. I use it for everything. I've never use Key chain though. 1Password allows me to store all my Web logins, drivers license info, serial numbers, everything! Just don't forget the Master Password though. I wrote my master password down just in case I forget it because I use the Touch ID login just about every time I use the app.

Skiwis

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been pondering over 1Password for a while. It's good to get some feedback like this. Can anyone share about any issues with web forms/passwords in Safari or if/how well it works inside other apps?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox