16GB vs 32GB iPhone 4

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I looked through the forum and couldn't seem to find anything about how much "stuff" fits on the 16GB vs 32GB iPhone 4

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have 364 Songs, 109 Photos, 91 Applications on a ViP4 32GB and have 24.7GB Available, basically not even a dent in my capacity of 29.1GB..

So to answer your question, A LOT of "stuff" can go on an iPhone! :)

Reactions: akmolin

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a "hardcore" user...I have a 16 GB iPhone with 979 songs, 26 photos, 26 apps, and have 8.1 GB free. You can definitely put a ton of stuff on there. If you have an ENORMOUS amount of music then 32 GB might be better, but even the 16 GB can hold a lot.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow....... you guys are hard core. I have 16GB and still have 15GB left. Like to keep mine a little bit on the clean side so to speak. I will be downloading songs though in due time. Right now I have 123 photos and 58 apps.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
A gig is a lot of storage. On the other hand, data expands to fill the storage available to put it in. Since the days of the 1401, I have always opted for the max storage available.

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your input guys I appreciate it... I don't plan to use my iPhone4 for music since I use my iPod for that so mainly I'll have apps, pictures, and ringtone files ssoo not sure if I should just go with the 16GB one since I don't plan on using it for music.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The reason you didn't find anything is because the answer is not going to be the same for everyone. Different people may use high bit rate audio where others use lower bit rate. Some may have HD video while others used SD. Also apps come in many different sizes so that isn't going to be the same either. People may have the exact same amount of songs, videos, pictures, apps, etc. and still have a very different amount of storage used. As far I what I have and would recommend, 32 GB.

tripod

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Go for the 32GB and you're on the safe side. It gives you much more flexibility in so many situations. I?d definitely spend a few more bucks on that.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You could probably get away with a 16GB EASILY if you're not storing music. BUT, don't forget about the camera and the video recorder. The iPhone shoots in HD and the camera can take HDR photos, and those will hog up space quickly if you're one to sync your phone like, once a month. If you don't see yourself using these much, then I'd definitely save yourself the $100 and get the 16GB (unless $100 is chump change, and then I'd get the 32GB for the better resale value). I have the 16GB because I could either afford the 16 or not get one at all, but I sync a couple of times a week and have gotten pretty good at keeping the usage down.

My stats:
Jailbroken via greenpois0n
1158 songs (one of which is over an hour long) at whatever the standard bitrate is for iTunes
401 photos, about 300 being HDR shots taken on my iPhone
27 HD videos with an average of two minutes in length per video
107 Applications, including Infinity Blade and WeatherHD (HUGE files) and a LOT of book apps

My capacity is listed at 14GB, and I have 652 MB available.

TJStarx

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow....... you guys are hard core. I have 16GB and still have 15GB left. Like to keep mine a little bit on the clean side so to speak. I will be downloading songs though in due time. Right now I have 123 photos and 58 apps.

Those must be some little apps to have 58 and use less than a gig...

-TJ-

theapplejunkies.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro