16GB regret :/

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a 16gb iphone 6 plus back at the start of November after walking into my local O2 store and this is all they had. So I purchased it and now have regrets due to the memory size. Definitely going for the 64gb if not the 128gb next time!! ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1428420384.737646.jpg

John Crist

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Like all things, it's a matter of saving if it's about money and a matter of patience if it's a hot new device. That isn't a knock against you, just my thoughts at the situation :p

I've seen early college students sell all they have for 5's and 5S's on their launch days and be forced to use the smallest memory see available, and for what? "If I don't get it now I'll never get it!"

Yes you will. Might be six months from now, but you aren't really losing anything being patient :p

Again, not anything against you. Just a random rant :p

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's something not tight with those numbers. Do you have extremly long videos? You don't really have much else. I have more than that except for videos. What's taking your space?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
16GB is useless with large app sizes, etc. I ended up with a 128GB and I don't think I will ever go below that. I love the freedom.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I would go for the larger storage next time as well. It's fine so far, but why not have more than you need rather than need more than you have. Seems a better strategy. One thing I totally failed to consider is this, even if I never use that much storage, just having the option would make the resale value that much better. I generally keep my phones around a year then sell it and get something new. Who's going to want a year old 6+ with only 16GB? I won't make this mistake again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would go for the larger storage next time as well. It's fine so far, but why not have more than you need rather than need more than you have. Seems a better strategy. One thing I totally failed to consider is this, even if I never use that much storage, just having the option would make the resale value that much better. I generally keep my phones around a year then sell it and get something new. Who's going to want a year old 6+ with only 16GB? I won't make this mistake again.

That 6 Plus with 16 gb will sell. 16 gb is what most people buy. The average Joe doesn't put 12+ gb of music and 200 apps on their phone. Just us fanboys and geeks do that. :D

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I have the 64. I used to always get 32GB and never had space issues. Now I have a 64 and think I probably won't have any issues. Plus I subscribe to iTunes Match, so I don't keep any music on my iPhone, stream via Pandora, iHeart Radio, etc. and my photos and videos are all on iCloud. Most of my local storage is used by apps.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
If you're gonna get a 16gb you have to manage it. I'm exactly like Robbrick. I use iTunes match, I stream via spotify, I stream movies and my pictures are in iCloud. I don't download movies to my device. And I have 4gb's left after half a year. When I upgrade I might go to the 64gb just so I don't have to restrict myself. I still think the 16gb is a great option for a lot of people. My mother has 6gbs left on her iPhone and has more apps than I do.

asanatheist

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I got the 64gb. 16gb is not nearly enough at the moment. I also have 100gb of dropbox cloud storage if needed, forgot what ended up giving me this for free for life.

I have my music locally for now, however if I ever need space I can delete it since I have most of my library on google play music library. (keeping it local in case I lose connection during long trips)
Bare minimum I can handle is 32gb.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tole you - 16GB is not even bare minimum! Especially if you are going to update the OS!!!

Apple fixed the OS update issue. It will no longer take a huge amount of space to update a new OS.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
There's something not tight with those numbers. Do you have extremly long videos? You don't really have much else. I have more than that except for videos. What's taking your space?

I don't have much on my device and I end up deleting apps to make more space, all the movies I have are in the cloud :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR