16GB regret :/

Kierkegaard

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
If you're gonna get a 16gb you have to manage it. I'm exactly like Robbrick. I use iTunes match, I stream via spotify, I stream movies and my pictures are in iCloud. I don't download movies to my device. And I have 4gb's left after half a year. When I upgrade I might go to the 64gb just so I don't have to restrict myself. I still think the 16gb is a great option for a lot of people. My mother has 6gbs left on her iPhone and has more apps than I do.
The more space is good for the average person who does not know how to keep a system clean. Look at a shared network drive at work some time. You will see the same files over and over again in many different directories. You see unzipped directories that were used once right next to a zip file that is 1/20th the size. It's like doing taxes or something - people don't react to try to clean up until there is way too little space. That's just human nature, but the truth is most filesystems are full of trash or rarely used junk.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The more space is good for the average person who does not know how to keep a system clean. Look at a shared network drive at work some time. You will see the same files over and over again in many different directories. You see unzipped directories that were used once right next to a zip file that is 1/20th the size. It's like doing taxes or something - people don't react to try to clean up until there is way too little space. That's just human nature, but the truth is most filesystems are full of trash or rarely used junk.

This isn't really relevant to iOS system files though...there's not really many "trash" files on the device itself hogging storage space...people just tend to keep too many pictures/videos, and 9 times out of 10, that is where the storage limitations start hitting. Apps don't take much room and app save files take even less...and even still, you know what the sizes are before hand. iOS doesn't allow for compressed file storage because the files are meant for instantaneous access and not storage optimization.

More space is good for ANYONE...has really nothing to do with keeping the "system clean". I like to have all of my music on hand on my device without having to rely on cloud access, therefore I need almost 20GB of space just for music...this makes owning the smallest storage option impossible for my preferences Then there's those who like to record a lot of HD video...depending on length, these videos eat up A LOT of space...4-5 HD videos and you've tapped out a 16GB model.

Those are just two examples of hundreds that nullify the idea that smaller storage capacity phones are sufficient if people would work diligently to keep their "system clean" as you put it. It's just not true...

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the 64 GB model and I barely use 25% of the storage. It's there if I need it.

Better to have the storage space and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Kierkegaard

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
How about backups? Aren't they harder the larger the disk space? Are you confident you can get things back in place after dropping your device into a fish tank?

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
What Sean means is that on iOS there are no options to see the file system, thus no ability to housekeep orphan files that may slow down a system. Also, iOS is clean in itself. When you delete an app, it deletes all associated files from iPhone. The only housekeeping options is to remove photos, songs and apps you no longer need.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

orella

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I also have a 16gb iphone 6 and it's perfect for me because i don't have much photos and usually never have videos/music. All my space is used for games and i can delete them so i don't have problem, but 16gb it's too low for a normal use (photos, videos, music, games, apps, etc.)

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Had the iPhone 6 16gb , while I had no problem managing my small storage I decided to go for the 64gb iPhone 6 plus and it's great , better to have the extra space and not need it then need it and not have it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice