Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to get an iPhone 4S and I can't decide if I need a 16 or 32; money isn't the issue. I'm looking for the best option for me and my phone. I have a lot of music on iTunes but I plan on using something other than iCloud to store my music, movies and books because I have an extensive collection and I am not sure how it will translate over to iTunes or the iCloud since it's not purchased through Apple. . I take a lot of pictures and I download a lot of apps. I currently have a Samsung Epic and the memory on my phone is expendable so I never had to worry about how much I actually put on my phone since a lot of my music is on Google Music and Amazon MP3. I would appreciate all of the feedback. :D

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Its hard for us to answer your question, as only you can decided what you need. I will tell you this, I have a 16 and i have 1,300 songs, 76 apps and 40 pics and I still have 5.3GB free...

If money isn't an option, why not get the bigger one?

Good Luck

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Its hard for us to answer your question, as only you can decided what you need. I will tell you this, I have a 16 and i have 1,300 songs, 76 apps and 40 pics and I still have 5.3GB free...

Good Luck

Really 76 apps that's a lot ...do you use a cloud service because I was told that with iCloud you still had to download to your phone what you wanted to have where with Google Music it just streams

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Then I don't need to hear anymore... get the 64gb. You can never have enough memory IMO, and since the iPhone is not expandable you need to think ahead.

Agreed, especially those who plan on keeping their iPhone 4S for the next 2 years. To me, $100 for the 32 extra GB that you get is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you take a lot of pictures and don't want to copy them off of the phone often then go with the biggest one you can afford.

If you plan on coping the pictures and videos off regularly then save some $$ and go with a smaller one.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, especially those who plan on keeping their iPhone 4S for the next 2 years. To me, $100 for the 32 extra GB that you get is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Thank you...I don't know if I plan on keeping it for the 2 years I have 3 lines with sprint....1 is avail for upgrade on the 1 of December then the other two are march and april of next year so depending on what the 5 looks like i will be upgrading again.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
If you take a lot of pictures and don't want to copy them off of the phone often then go with the biggest one you can afford.

If you plan on coping the pictures and videos off regularly then save some $$ and go with a smaller one.

I take it that pictures take up the most space...and is it true that in order for them to be deleted off the phone they have to come off of itunes

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
If you get a 16gb then decide it's not enough, it will cost you dearly to upgrade, and if you try to sell a 16gb, you won't get much, because so many people bought a 16gb and found out it had to little memory, and are flooding the used market with them. On the other hand, if you have a 32gb iPhone, you could get top dollar for it, because that's what those other people with 16gb iPhone's want, if they can ever sell those tiny 16gb units.:)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I take it that pictures take up the most space...and is it true that in order for them to be deleted off the phone they have to come off of itunes

Not really... average size of the pics I've taken with my 4S are 2.2-2.5mb so you do the math. Video on the other hand eats space very quickly ... I filmed a 4 minute video the other day and the file was about 1gb.

You can delete photos from your camera role, but if you move them off your iPhone and then sync them back via folders and iTunes sync they cannot be deleted on the iPhone.

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I went from an 8gb android phone to a 16gb iphone. I have alot of music on but i still have alot of room ... depends on all what you want to put on your phone so the decision is totaly up to you.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If money isn't an issue then AT LEAST a 32, didn't quite need the 64 but if I decide I need the space I have other lines I can use an upgrade on lol good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR